Our mission at Farmstead is to make fresh, high-quality food accessible to everyone. We’re a new delivery-only grocer that’s re-inventing grocery from the ground up. We focus on mid-market customers (think Safeway, Kroger, etc) and bring them a best-in-class grocery product experience right to their doorsteps, even in areas traditionally underserved by supermarket chains. We accomplish this by writing consumer-facing and operations orchestration code that allows us to be highly efficient relative to legacy supermarkets.
AS OF MARCH 2020 WE ARE SEEING UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND FOR GROCERY DELIVERY AS CUSTOMERS SEEK TO STAY HOME AND AVOID COVID-19. We are growing explosively and because of our small engineering team, we are ready to hand over huge chunks of responsibility to smart, reliable people who get things done.
We’re located in Burlingame, CA and Charlotte, NC.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Farmstead is seeking TEMPORARY CONTRACT Customer Happiness Representatives to work remotely for our Burlingame, CA and Charlotte, NC locations. As a grocery delivery service, our goal is to bring a variety of locally crafted and fan-favorite brands to our patrons with sustainability and environmental impact in mind.
REMINDER: THIS IS A CONTRACTED & TEMPORARY POSITION WITH POTENTIAL FOR HIRE.
Full-time and Part-time shifts available at starting pay of $16 per hour.
We require excellent written and oral communication for real-time customer conversations and driver dispatch.
Potential Work Days: Monday – Sunday
We are seeking applicants to fill these current shifts:
TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. FLEXIBILITY REQUIRED.
|Mon - Fri 4 PM - 9 PM|
|Tue - Wed 8 AM - 4 PM|
|Sat - Sun 8 AM - 4 PM|
|Sat - Sun 1 PM - 6 PM|
|Sat - Sun 4 - 9 PM|
- Assisting customers via text, email, and phone: You're in close contact with our patrons and go above and beyond to help them. You'll work on a laptop remotely to monitor a variety of inboxes where our customers reach out to us. You will take customer calls and reach out to them via phone at their request and when necessary.
- Assisting drivers via text and phone: Drivers rely on you to help them deliver to customers. If they need help finding a residence, or reaching out to a customer that isn't responding, you are their lifeline for assistance. You'll monitor their progress as they make deliveries to ensure that they are dropping off orders in a timely manner, and you'll inform customers if there is any delay.
- Navigating software used to adjust customer information and orders. You'll work with our system to manage contents of orders, delivery dates, and driver information. You'll become familiar with outside programs such as Slack and Front.
- Working closely with fellow Farmstead teams to help customers. You know you're a part of a team that relies on one-another to create impeccable orders. You'll discuss stocking needs, report customer-related problems as they arise, and offer suggestions to improve the services we offer.
- Attention to detail and time-management. You know that your work has a deadline, and your efficiency is matched in the quality of your work.
- Impeccable written and oral communication. You know how to convey the proper situational tone in your writing, and customers end calls with you feeling their problems have been cared for.
- A positive, pro-active attitude when problem-solving. The road to success isn't a straight line. In time, you've learned your job well enough to navigate around difficulties as they arise. You're also willing to speak to your colleagues on how to best handle situations that are unknown to you.
- A genuine desire to help our customers with any conflicts they encounter. You're not here to clock in and clock out, but to help each customer remember why they chose Farmstead for all their grocery-delivery needs. You take pride in the efforts you make and pursue each day with the goal of making it better than the last.