Our mission at Farmstead is to make fresh, high-quality food accessible to everyone. We’re a new delivery-only grocer that’s re-inventing grocery from the ground up. We focus on mid-market customers (think Safeway, Kroger, etc) and offer them lower prices than stores and free delivery as part of a best-in-class grocery product experience, even in areas traditionally underserved by supermarket chains. We accomplish this by writing consumer-facing and operations orchestration code that allows us to be highly efficient relative to legacy supermarkets.
We’re headquartered in the Bay Area with a fully-remote product and engineering team.
We have a complex business that requires strong attention to detail - from pixel-perfect customer interfaces to bullet-proof purchasing automation. We're looking for someone who learns quickly and has an eye for detail. You care deeply about improving customer and stakeholder experiences and are eager to join a small team where you'll get to work on every part of the business.
If you were with Farmstead for the last six months, you would have helped us:
- support a surge in demand due to COVID and build mechanisms to keep customers happy given supply chain uncertainties
- support non-Farmstead grocery partners by scaling our system to manage tens of thousands of SKUs and store-based picking across multiple national markets
- expand our coverage area and give our customers more choices with two hour delivery windows
- improve operations tooling to better track inventory and streamline the pick/pack process -- helping our hundreds of team members be more efficient
- improve driver tooling to streamline shift management, improve onboarding and manage payroll -- helping cut costs and passing savings to customers
The next six months includes some really interesting work:
- building an experimentation platform to continually improve the onboarding and shopping experience
- further scaling of the Grocery OS platform to support increased Farmstead hub launches and growing grocer partnerships
- further integration with on-demand delivery platforms
- continuing to improve the efficiency and responsiveness of our delivery routes
- start building out a suite of native applications to further optimize warehouse operations
- starting to design and build native mobile applications for our customers
We are a small team working primarily on a Rails codebase with a React front end and new native apps coming down the road. The ideal candidate has at least two of the following:
- 5+ years Rails application development (for API and web clients)
- 5+ years React development experience with strong CSS skills
- 3+ years in a business focused on ecommerce fulfillment & logistics (ideally related to food and perishables)
with bonus points for:
- demonstrated ability to ramp up quickly in new code bases or business areas
- experience scaling production systems
- experience designing APIs
- leading technical teams
We're a fast-growing startup that values personal growth and family time. We offer:
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare, dental, vision benefits fully paid for the employee, plus 50% covered for all dependents
- Unlimited PTO
- Up to 12 weeks maternity/paternity leave
If you tick all the boxes then please write to us.