Farmsave is Australia’s premier online Ag retailer, empowering growers through fair and transparent pricing for key agricultural inputs. With commercial roots and Australia wide distribution we level the playing field through our innovative online marketplace.
Regional - Albany Region, Western Australia
We are looking for talented, multi-skilled individuals who can fit into our fast-paced company culture. We are a passionate, collaborative team of farmer-focused individuals who wake up every day emulating the farmer ethos of honesty, integrity, commitment and hard work.
The individual assigned to this position will work with farmers to help them procure critical crop inputs, such as crop protection products. Account Executives cover a predetermined market area and will help farmers access the Farmsave platform and work alongside them to plan and unlock value across the season.
The Account Executive will primarily be responsible for the overall business health of an assigned geography that primarily consists of managing a Community Builder network to drive sales and network growth.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Account Executives are accountable for the all encompassing management of a geographic territory including, but not limited to, membership and sales growth
- Account Executives are responsible for onboarding new customers
- Account Executives will also oversee some of their own customer relationships
- Account Executives report to Regional Managers who are responsible for all results in their region
- Represent Farmsave at various farm industry trade shows/events.
- Coordinate with nearby Member Recruiters to work with existing members
- Use our instance of Salesforce to manage, prioritize and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills with a heightened sensitivity to the issues farmers face.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a district, regional, or territory manager managing Dealer Model contract type positions and selling products or services directly to farmers.
- Knowledge of crop protection products required.
- Knowledge of the distinct trends, practices, and characteristics of Australian Farmers, specifically Western Australia.
- Strong domain experience and background in farming, production agriculture, retail, or input sales.
- Comfort managing the inherent fine-line between successfully ‘finalizing the sale’ and being perceived as being too aggressive.
- Candidate must be comfortable with technology and ideally the latest precision ag systems.
- Background in Agronomy including, but not limited to, the management and use of agronomic data.
- Strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills in addition to being highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, accountable team structure.
- A farmer focus and a commitment to farmer satisfaction.
- Ability to travel throughout assigned territory.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Agribusiness or a sales oriented discipline.
- At least +2 strong sales and sales management experience in agriculture managing and exceeding monthly and annual quotas selling directly to farmers.
- Multi-generational farm, farm hand, or farm related background.
- Experience in the enterprise SaaS software market.
- Cross-functional experience working across the enterprise.
- Experience balancing execution, agility, and culture in a fast growing business