Farmsave is Australia’s premier online Agricultural retailer, empowering growers through fair and transparent pricing for key agricultural inputs. With commercial roots and Australia wide distribution we level the playing field through our innovative online marketplace.
An exciting opportunity has become available in our recent growth to join our logistics team in the position of Logistics and Operations Manager. This position is part of the team responsible for the coordination of deliveries to customers in regional areas and managing our end-to-end logistics process.
We are looking for talented, multi-skilled individuals who can fit into our fast-paced company culture. We are a passionate, collaborative team of farmer-focused individuals who wake up every day emulating the farmer ethos of honesty, integrity, commitment and hard work.
The Logistics and operations manager is responsible for the day to day dispatch, procurement our customer’s delivery experience.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Coordinate all inbound and outbound deliveries between freight forwarder, warehouse, and customers.
- Monitor end to end logistics process, drive continuous improvement e.g. processes, effective reporting, monitoring cost related activities to ensure logistics cost are under control and assist with IT initiatives
- Support the logistics team to ensure all day to day necessary tasks are completed and all exceptions are managed promptly
- Managing warehouse inventory, meeting stock and compliance requirements.
- Coordinate deliveries alongside the sales team.
- Build strong internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Head up compliance and implement group policies.
- Act as item master, report and monitor costings across the distribution network
The ideal candidate will have:
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills with a heightened sensitivity to the issues farmers face.
- Minimum 2 years in a head office logistics team (preferably in Agriculture)
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving & attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build both internal and external relationships
- Ability to work independently to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Strong customer focus
- Willing to learn attitude & adaptable well with changes