The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating and implementing Farm Sanctuary’s print and digital visual identity—using design to provoke thinking, emotion, and action. The ideal candidate has design experience across print and digital platforms and values a unified visual brand identity. You are a strong conceptual thinker who can create compelling visual communications. This position reports to the Senior Content Manager with extensive collaboration with Farm Sanctuary’s Chief Communications, Content, and Brand Creative Officer.
- Establish and maintain the highest level of visual execution across all platforms.
- Ensure all design is aligned with brand standards—and an organization-wide commitment to brand design consistency.
- Create high-impact marketing and advertising materials, and merchandise product design, as needed.
- Create compelling editorial materials, including infographics, website collateral, email campaigns, calendar, bi-annual print magazine, and presentations.
- Collaborate with editorial, photo, web, social, and video teams to ensure the highest level of visual execution across all platforms.
- Keep up with the latest trends and innovation in design, including fonts.
- Work closely with content creators and stakeholders to ensure that editorial, programmatic, and marketing needs are balanced with design requirements.
- Cultivate and manage a pool of go-to freelance designers.
- Commission original artwork (including illustrations, typography, icons, and animations) while maintaining budgets and invoices.
- Communicate consistently with the Communications Project Manager to track projects, articulate needs and ensure deadlines are met.
- Collaborate actively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Minimum of 3-5 years proven graphic design experience across a variety of mediums and a portfolio of original work that backs it up
- BFA is a plus
- Creativity, curiosity, imagination, originality, individuality, vision, and expressiveness
- Deep, comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator (After Effects experience not required but a big plus)
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to handle constructive criticism and rejection
- Solid organizational skills with an incredible attention to detail
- Ability to work within a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure and meet deadlines while effectively managing multiple projects with creativity and flexibility
- Ability to turnaround artwork quickly on short notice
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative, and dynamic team culture
- Positive and driven, curious and creative about learning new ways to approach graphic design, best in class solutions and tools, and a seeker of knowledge
- Embraces our values of partnership and is a true team player
- Working knowledge of Google Docs, Gmail, Keynote, Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Commitment to Farm Sanctuary’s mission, goals, and programs
- Full-time exempt position.
- Position is based in Farm Sanctuary’s office in Los Angeles or New York City.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Competitive benefits package, including paid holidays; personal days; vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403(b) plan; flexible spending accounts; and long-term disability insurance.
To be considered for this position, please be sure to include samples of your work or a link to your online portfolio.