Farmers Business Network® (FBN®) is on a mission to power the prosperity of family farmers and rural communities around the world, transforming how the world farms with an integrated, technology enabled agricultural platform.
We offer high ROI farm inputs, financial technology and sustainability products and services powered by network data, and farm-tested insights from our global farmer community. Our platform helps FBN members make confident decisions to ensure the economic viability of their farms, while also empowering them to be a part of the solution as the global community confronts its most pressing issues: providing food security for a growing population, transitioning to more sustainable agriculture, and responding to climate change.
We are a dynamic, innovative, and mission-driven AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as boundless career mobility. We are backed by top investors, including Fidelity, ADM, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek. We have been featured in these articles by the Wall Street Journal and Forbes, and were also named "One of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World" by Fast Company Magazine.
We’re looking for an experienced Marketing Operations Manager to assist in the overall management and growth of FBN's marketing operations team. This role will have the core responsibility of helping support FBN’s marketing operations initiatives.
The Marketing Operations Manager is responsible for architecting, executing, optimizing, and reporting of demand and lead generation programs/campaigns for Farmer’s Business Network. The ideal candidate has a passion for process, data, and reporting. This role will report directly to the Director of Marketing Operations and work closely with the various marketing teams to develop and build scalable integrated marketing campaigns to fuel the sales pipeline.
You’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact with a company that is in high growth mode. Bring your expertise with Marketo marketing automation and campaign execution to become a key part of our marketing operations team.
- Assist in managing Marketo instance, applying best practice initiatives, and improving team knowledge
- Manage build and implementation of 3rd party tools into Marketo
- Support campaigns & data sync between Marketo and Salesforce
- Develop scheduled and incremental reporting with the ability to compile and review raw data from Marketo and Salesforce, enabling one to provide detailed analyses, regularly assess program effectiveness, and make recommendations and optimizations
- Monitor and maintain data quality in coordination with the Salesforce administration and other relevant data source stakeholders
- Develop and implement policies and procedures in coordination with Marketing, Security and Compliance, Legal, and other stakeholders to ensure effective technology implementation
- Ensure campaign setup and processes are in line with overall platform architecture and lead flow/scoring programs
- Develop database segmentation - build audience lists that drive automation touchpoints and translate into a tailored campaign and program experience for audiences across specific market segments, industries, etc.
- Monitor and report on program and ecosystem health - monitor audience and nurture counts within Marketo to ensure systems are operating correctly and report out on automation performance and impact for tactics of all levels (ad hoc emails, email nurtures, campaign syncs)
- Make data-driven decisions and identify new opportunities for growth and efficiencies
- Create new and refine existing reporting capabilities, automating reporting as needed
- Helping to create and maintain an efficient process for campaign scheduling and deployment
- Supervise global and regional MA performance, discover improvement opportunities and craft implementation plans for their execution
- Marketo Certification strongly preferred
- 4+ years working in a marketing automation role or similar managing the Marketo platform (ideally for a FinTech organization)
- Troubleshoot technical issues and collaborate with system providers to implement solutions
- Experience in the technical implementation of Marketo campaign management including Salesforce integration
- Experience working with custom API calls, webhooks, and Marketo Custom Objects
- Basic knowledge of email and landing page templates
- Experience building and maintaining multiple scoring models
- Experience building and maintaining data normalization and standardization campaigns
- Relevant experience in digital marketing and campaign marketing
- Proven experience in digital reporting and analysis, including building out multi-touch attribution models
- Proven experience with automated data mapping to/from custom-built data houses
- Experience with email, SMS, and phone compliance processes across different regions
- Experience working within corporate brand guidelines
- Functional knowledge of digital marketing ecosystem, content marketing, and social media, as it relates to marketing automation
- Comfortable working as part of a team-based across multiple offices as well as remote staff and various time zones (Global)
- Ability to multitask and work well under tight deadlines in a busy environment, responding to requests and project briefs
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional written communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively and influence all levels of staff
- An extremely analytical mind and ability to translate data into actionable, effective, and profitable marketing campaigns; experience managing and interpreting analytics
- Experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, Tableau, Amplitude)
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Previous experience in the agricultural sector, specifically financial services or insurance
- Experience with Contentful is a plus
- Experience with Tableau is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Experience with Amplitude is a plus
- The successful applicant will be:
- Interested in a fast-paced, startup environment where new opportunities and challenges are around every corner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, professionalism and accountability
- Independent, dependable go-getter with a demonstrated ability to proactively manage successful projects from ideation to completion while creatively problem-solving along the way
- Capable of working autonomously, extremely organized, detail-oriented self-starter who enjoys collaboratively working across multiple business units
Equal Opportunity Statement
FBN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. FBN considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We participate in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program here.
FBN is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please complete this form.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands (the options selected below may only be updated by the HR and EHS teams): Equal Opportunity Statement
To understand the physical demands of this job, please click this link and refer to Template B
The following represents FBN's reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $110,000 - $130,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor and cost of living. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.