Farmers Business Network™ (FBN™) is on a mission to power the prosperity of family farmers and rural communities around the world, transforming how the world farms with an integrated, technology enabled agricultural platform.
We offer high ROI farm inputs, fintech and sustainability products and services powered by network data, and farm-tested insights from our global farmer community. Our platform helps FBN™ members make confident decisions to ensure the economic viability of their farms, while also empowering them to be a part of the solution as the global community confronts its most pressing issues: providing food security for a growing population, transitioning to more sustainable agriculture, and responding to climate change.
We are a dynamic, innovative, and mission-driven AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as boundless career mobility. We are backed by top investors, including Fidelity, ADM, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek. We have been featured in these articles by the Wall Street Journal and Forbes, and were also named "One of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World" by Fast Company Magazine.
The Fulfillment Operations Engineer will physically support the Primary Fulfillment Center and remotely support Logistics centers within their region. The primary function of this position will be to coordinate work flows starting at inbound, progressing throughout the warehouse, and finishing in Outbound. With a near future perspective, focusing on “week of” work load, and tactically coordinating the “day of” communication, this position will be responsible for organizing and communicating the plans and goals for the operation, within the region. This individual will focus on creating the visibility needed for each regional leader through strong communication and an ability to create data tools or analytics to paint a picture of their regions execution.
- Planning for Success: Focused with a planning mentality, this person will help plan for each site through both weekly and daily inbound and outbound scheduling understanding. This role will help solve for the future through analytics and tool creation to help bridge visibility gaps within the region. The coordinator will do this through:
- Planning, confirming and setting up inbound and outbound schedules and appointment throughout the region with a strong understanding of our TMS and other system tools
- Documenting and working with external carriers or internal teams around discrepancies such as early or late arrivals
- Maintaining, and archiving documentation around inbound and outbound shipments
- Strong cross functional communication and support to help ensure risks are identified, and mitigated when plans are not on track
- Application of data understanding and creation of user friendly dashboards to support regional and network understanding using SQL, Tableau, Excel, and/or Google Suite
- Setting up for Execution (Start of shift, day of): The coordinator will support regional and site level leadership with day of plans, escalations, and project tracking:
- Adjusting inbound or outbound schedules with communications to the site, based off appointment variability for IB or OB loads
- Daily Cycle count support through virtual setup of counts in WMS each day
- Project organization around volumes or capacities per day ( Examples would include Relabelling demands, packaging projects, and so on)
- Centralized tracking of procurement or manufacturing related activities for the region
- Parcel shipment support for region
- Daily Attainment & Execution (End of shift, day of): Track, verify, communicate, and escalate gaps between the established plans and actual execution per site:
- Identifies at risk customer orders for sites and communicates to local leadership for execution
- Works with support teams to mitigate risks including Transportation, Supply Chain Execution, and Customer Experience
- Assists with any other check and verify requests of regional leadership or supporting regional teams
- Supports WMS functionality for region including (but not limited to) ICTO/ IF creation, parcel label creation, new user service desk requests, and cycle count audit creation
- Evening and weekend work, and/or additional hours as necessary during peak season
- Travel <10% per year
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 4 year degree in Operations Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Mathematics OR Data Science or 6+ years of experience in a similar role and function within a Warehouse setting
- Strong data analysis and coding skills including experience in SQL, Redshift, and/or Python or strong experience in data organizing platforms such as Excel & Google Sheets
- Ability to create clean visualization of data analytics through strong experience in Tableau, Data Studios or other user facing platforms
- Experience solving typical warehouse problems by evaluating and selecting solutions from established options
- Minimum of 2 years or more of relevant shipping/receiving/admin experience
- Inventory control experience
- Forklift experience
- Experience in using distribution and fulfillment software such as WMS, TMS, & YMS
- Lean, APICS, or Six Sigma Certified
- The successful applicant will be:
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize with changing situations
- Strong excel, google sheets and other spreadsheet related software and applications
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
- Data minded individual with an ability to convey and message information through organized presentation of analytics
To understand the physical demands of this job, please click this link and refer to Template D.
FBN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. FBN considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We participate in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program here.
FBN is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please fill out this form.