FBN is tackling one of the most important challenges facing our society today: how will the world feed itself? Human population is growing rapidly, but the amount of farmable land is decreasing due to encroachment of human development and environmental degradation. FBN's approach to this challenge is to use technology to empower individual farmers to make better decisions using the aggregated intelligence and data of all farmers that join the network. Building this system both challenging and exciting. Agriculture combines complex biological, mechanical, meteorological, chemical, and economic systems. Our team is constantly looking for ways to capture the data necessary to help explain these systems, and to present the analyses at the right moment and in the right format for our farmers to easily interpret the information and make the right decision.
FBN is looking for a Product Manager to join some of the brightest minds in agronomy, data science and engineering to help build immensely valuable products for for our farmers and for our future!
We're seeking a full-time, Bay Area based, Product Manager to be located in our San Carlos office. Product managers at FBN help our engineers and designers develop amazing products and experiences for farmers.
Great Product Managers excel at orchestrating and inspiring the development team and the rest of company to achieve our vision. Product managers have to balance the big picture in agricultural systems and data with the technical details of our systems and absolute passion for empowering farmers.
THINGS WE LOOK FOR
- Passion for agriculture and deep respect for farmers. Everything we do is focused on empowering farmers, we measure our success directly by their success.
- Demonstrated leadership in significant product/program/project manager roles in other companies, preferably consumer internet.
- Natural ability to make things happen amidst ambiguity, complexity and inter-dependencies in an organized and structured way. You thrive on integrating other functions, with an animal intensity on making products successful.
- Strong analytical skills and enthusiasm for debate.
- Excellent product sense and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem within both internet and agriculture.
- Excellent communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, to press and other audiences.
- Sense of adventure and desire to create tools that have never existed.
- Health insurance
- Stock options
- Farm visits!
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.