Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
The Warehouse Worker/Driver will contribute to the success of FBN by playing a critical role in the order fulfillment and delivery of FBN products to consumers. They will be required to ensure the accuracy of the orders, trip planning, completing paperwork, complying with health and safety rules and regulations and acting as an ambassador for FBN.
- Shipping and receiving of inventory: receipt, pick, pack, ship and return of product
- Completing regular inventory verification and counting including cycle counts with a high degree of accuracy
- Maintain clean work environment free of debris and hazards
- Comply with warehousing rules/regulations and with company policies and procedures
- Loads, unloads, replenishes and restocks material using skid steer, forklift, pallet jack etc
- Follows proper processes and completes paperwork for order picking, returns or identifying damaged goods
- Operates vehicle in accordance with FBN safety rules and regulations, Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) as well as all local, provincial and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain logbooks
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, incidents and accidents, and violations to management
- Other duties/responsibilities as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years Class 5 or Class 1 driving experience (role dependent)
- Rural driving experience is an asset
- 2+ years warehousing (or equivalent) experience
- Understanding of provincial and local health & safety regulations regarding the handling and transportation of agricultural products
- Passionate about agriculture, farming and desire to put Farmers First®
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Attention to detail, reliable and punctual
- Customer service focused
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements can change frequently
- Safety mindset
- Able to work outside in variable temperatures and adverse weather conditions
- High level interpersonal and relationship building skills, customer focused
- Ability to travel long hours ~70% of the time
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- CDL license with Hazmat endorsement (preferred)
- Forklift Certified (preferred)
- Skid Steer Certified (preferred)
- WHMIS Certified (preferred)