Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
FBN’s Regenerative business is revolutionizing sustainable agriculture by putting farmers first. Our business assists members implementing practices that protect and enhance soil health for generations to come and also secures preferential market access and premiums for their grains. FBN Regen has signed partnerships with marque buying organizations across the food, ethanol, and animal feed industries who want to promote sustainable practices in farms across the US. The Regen practices we promote include reducing tillage, planting cover crops, spraying nitrogen with precision, and maximizing yields through optimized seed selection. Outcomes we strive to achieve are increased nitrogen efficiency, reduced carbon emissions, reduced soil runoff, enhanced water quality and water security, and improved long-term profitability.
We are looking for a Strategy and Operations Manager to join the rapidly growing Regen team as we roll out several groundbreaking programs. This role will assist in setting the strategic direction for the Sustainability business and will be responsible for building early, scalable operations. This role will largely focus on delivering against contracted deliverables as well as supporting business development initiatives.
This role will also play an influential role in commercializing Low Carbon Grain: an environmental identity preserved product which will associate environmental data with grain contracts.
- Work with the Head of Sustainabile Business to drive business growth
- Identify and execute on high leverage partnerships focused on expanding the sustainability business with a focus on public funding, agronomy services, and food solutions.
- Create customer facing marketing materials, white papers, and position pieces to aid in the communication and positioning of FBN sustainability
- Manage operations and team to deliver successfully against contractual obligations
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, and Sales to build out producer AND buyer facing sustainability tools and services
- Drive forward new opportunities for FBN to offer premium contracts for producers to incentivize sustainable practices
- Work with FBN Data Science team to conduct ad-hoc and permanent analyses on regenerative agriculture data, including practices like tillage, cover cropping, soil organic carbon, livestock incorporation, and nutrient management
- Build stakeholder relationships in the private and public sector around clean fuel policies and act as an ambassador to agriculture technology and data science
- Partner with environmental NGOs, research groups, and public science organizations to define environmental scoring criteria
- Work with FBN leadership to define and pursue the Sustainability business’s revenue strategy for the next 2 - 5 years
- 5-7 years of startup growth operations or management consulting experience.
- Commanding domain experience and background in farming, production agriculture, sustainability, and retail or input sales.
- Strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills in addition to being highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, accountable team structure.
- Experience balancing execution, agility and culture at a fast growing business.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in agriculture, environmental science, agronomy, or related fields.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.