Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
We are seeking a dynamic professional to join our team in the role of a Logistics Specialist. This position will be located in Sioux Falls, SD, reporting to the Logistics and Freight Brokerage Manager. Primary focus is providing logistics support to the Merchandising team, to provide best in class grain logistics customer service and building a freight brokerage profit center.
- Responsible for tendering/negotiating and contracting of freight rates for grain and commodities using current as well as new freight carriers
- Work closely with the internal stakeholders to ensure best in class performance in the logistics
- Achieve targeted cost efficiencies and savings on freight
- Identify and develop synergies for commodity
- Responsible for the shipping schedule, including maintaining accuracy of information posted and giving feedback for revisions as needed
- Maintain current relationships and develop new relationships with third parties, and trucking companies to better serve our business
- Building a profitable truck and / or container freight brokerage business
- Participating in business development with the Merchandising Team as well as building and securing new accounts
- Accountabilities of approximately 65% for managing internal logistics and 35% for building external freight brokerage
- Some travel required in order to supervise shipping and receiving of grain and business development
- Diploma/Degree or certificate in Supply Chain Management or Business and / or relevant work experience
- Experience in truck, rail, container, and barge logistics; and administration work
- Experience in relevant administration work as well as export documentation
- Proven leadership skills
- Highly motivated and capable of building a book of business
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel
- Proven problem solving skills and the ability to work well within a small team
- A positive attitude, strong communication, and good relationship building skills
- Must have experience in an agricultural setting
- A book of existing carrier contacts / relationships preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position may be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.