Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
As Warehouse Manager, you will oversee warehousing operations within the functional areas of facilities management, safety, shipping, storing, and distribution of goods. You will be hands on and immerse yourself in the trenches to effectively motivate, engage, coach, develop, and lead the team while driving productivity and growth.
- In collaboration with Human Resources, hire, train, lead, motivate, mentor and coach the warehouse team.
- Ensure timely processing of customer orders through adequate staffing and training.
- Facility management including qualifying vendors for warehouse supplies, maintenance and material handling equipment.
- Create a safe environment in the warehouse, offices and grounds through inspections, maintenance, training, safety meetings and adherence to all state and local regulatory requirements.
- Document inspections and maintenance on material handling vehicles and other equipment.
- Document all training and safety meetings
- Act as subject matter expert for the warehouse management system
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all colleagues, customers, vendors, suppliers & visitors.
- Adhering to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures.
- Create a Warehouse Operations Manual and continuously update product receipt, pick/pack/ship and returns procedures as necessary
- Act as primary backup to the Inventory Manager position
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 to 7 years working experience in product distribution field
- Proven work experience managing warehouse operations and personnel
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL)
- Should have excellent leadership and administration skills and abilities
- Ability to effectively manage time, resolve crisis and decision making
- Ability to efficiently coordinate workings with internal and external workers of the company
- Ability to work multiple shifts as necessary and weekend shifts during March-May peak season
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in management, administration, supply chain, customer service, or relevant hands on work experience
- Certified, or ability to be certified on equipment
- Working understanding of WMS system
- CDL license with Hazmat endorsement preferred but not required
- Comply with safety regulations
- Ability to safely handle equipment
- Be able to physically move inventory up to 3,000 lbs w/forklift and lift 60 pound boxes