Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
Overview of the Position:
We are looking for talented, multi-skilled leaders who can fit into our fast-paced company culture. We are a passionate, collaborative team of farmer-focused individuals who wake up every day emulating the farmer ethos of honesty, integrity, commitment and hard work.
The GM of FBN Direct, Canada will have ownership of the company's Canada sales and marketing vision, strategy, and execution. He or she will work with the executive team to create and align these initiatives with the company's broader corporate, growth, and financial goals.
Specifically, the successful candidate will:
- Be accountable for the delivery of Canada sales performance across all products and markets including responsibility for the budgets relating to all sales and marketing activities.
- Recruit, hire and develop a high performing sales team which can forecast, execute and exceed sales goals.
- Apply a creative and innovative approach focused on farmers.
- Provide customer input to the product plan developed by the product management team. He or she will be responsible for implementing new products across geographies and customer segments.
- Lead sales planning, sales resource management, rollout of programs and plans to support the company-wide strategic plan.
- Lead the agronomy, marketing, customer care and various sales operations functions. Develop and ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service and consistent experiences across these groups.
- Develop, oversee, and manage variable/incentive compensation plans across the sales team.
- Drive sales activities that support high value customer activity and sales development including providing sales tools and resources, training and development of sales staff and product knowledge to customers, mentoring, and other initiatives as required.
- Represent the voice of the Canada sales force and the voice of the customer to a variety of constituents, including members of the Board of Directors and investor groups.
- Define and execute a sales strategy for Canada to retain and expand existing business accounts and attract a significant volume of new business.
- Manage P&L including achievement of margin, volume, revenue, and expense targets for the Canada Sales and Marketing group.
- Provide leadership and support to the sales team in the geography to achieve growth targets.
- Conduct appropriate and thorough analysis on the market, business, forecast, 'look back' and trends to provide input into the margin and price management for the geography, making recommendations on ways to improve at regular intervals.
- Develop sales excellence with respect to growing, acquiring, retaining, and defending sales in the region at the channel and grower level.
- Lead training efforts of the Canada team and peers as needed and provide coaching and resources and personnel performance reviews to develop Canada team members to high performing individuals and a high-performing team.
- Work effectively with peers in the Executive group, colleagues in Product Management, Customer Service, R&D, and Operations.
- Develop a Technical Agronomy strategy and oversee the development of research and field trials focused on key crops and geographies.
- Oversee the collection of customer feedback regarding field market development input on new products or programs.
- Develop and present requisite market intelligence to enable business plan success.
- Actively engage in appropriate industry associations as required.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in agricultural business or equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum of ten years' sales and business management experience with successful development and execution of sales growth strategies in Crop Protection Chemicals.
- Experience leading a team and a career history of consistently achieving challenging sales targets.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Highly innovative with a history of delivering change in agriculture.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and influence people at all levels in the organization, community and with the farmer.
- Vision of where they are going to take the business.
- Experience in growing a business and focusing on results
- Deep understanding of the Canada Crop Protection Chemistry market, known within this market as a leader and highly respected.
- Proven record of accomplishment in sales force excellence: designing and executing sales strategies.
- Understanding of financial statements, key drivers of revenue and costs, margin management.
- Strong strategic thinking, planning and execution skills.
- Demonstrated clear and effective decision making.
- Past success in developing, coaching and motivating sales and other personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and share results and summarize data through reporting.
- Superior customer facing interactions, including ability to influence both external and internal customers.
- Strong selling skills and demonstrated effectiveness in value add sales and marketing.
- Problem solving skills to identify complex drivers and potential solutions.