Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
The Loan Closerposition provides support to the front line sales and credit staff as it relates to FBN’s lending products. This role handles multiple loan files daily with a focus on accurate and efficient processing.
- Reviews loan approvals received from underwriting and thoroughly verifies accuracy and consistency on documents such as closing conditions, purchase agreements, title, and appraisals
- Verifies and updates details of the loan into the system to correspond with supporting documents in the file
- Ensures all fees and costs are accurately calculated and are in compliance with company policy
- Reviews and approves the loan closing instructions and coordinates with title company
- Coordinates with Loan Advisors and Legal Department for efficient and timely loan closings
- Ensures all closing conditions are met per program requirements
- Prepares loan closing documents to send to the escrow company completing the closing
- Calculates and confirms loan funding requirements with closing agent
- Coordinates loan disbursements in an accurate and timely manner
- Work with various underwriting partners ensuring program parameters are met and loan remain in compliance
- Ensure departmental procedures are adhered to, escalations are addressed and quantity and quality service levels are met.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues and escalations with minimal supervision.
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) of departmental loan closing procedures. Recommends and drives process improvements.
- Assist Manager with projects including loan portfolio reporting and loan system improvements.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3+ years commercial loan processing/closing experience or equivalent banking experience. Experience in the real estate or agricultural industry preferred.
- Detail oriented with leadership skills and capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a deadline-driven environment; possess strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Advanced computer skills with good working knowledge of Google G-Suite and loan documentation.
- Accurate data entry/transaction processing. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Flexibility to adapt and work in a fast-paced and changing environment. Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.