Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
This person will join our rapidly growing seed business as part of the effort to expand the F2F Genetics Network and related service offerings FBN, LLC. The F2F Genetics Network’s mission is to rewrite the seed industry in a way that puts the Farmer First®. This is a unique opportunity to become a critical part of a high-value business line at one of the fastest growing companies in the Ag industry.
This role will lead the effort to develop sales of seeds in an assigned geography. By cutting out layers of the typical seed industry value chain, the F2F Genetics Network is able to offer high-quality genetics and a great pricing on seed. The focus of this role will be the F2F Genetics Seed brands and will also support sales of other brands FBN distributes. This position will work with other members of the FBN sales team to help lead seed sales, develop distribution channels, provide FBN members agronomic support and lead the product evaluation plus data collection for their assigned geography. This position will have direct responsibility to recruit, train and support the members of the F2F Genetics Network, and offer FBN members an opportunity to promote the F2F Genetics. This position will also support FBN with direct competitive insights, product forecasts and support for establishing FBN as a seeds leader.
- Sell F2F Genetics Network seed products direct to farmers via assigned and recruited accounts.
- Develop a seed distribution network within the assigned geography while using business tools and resources developed by FBN.
- Position yourself as the seed product expert for the F2F Genetics Network within your assigned geography.
- Provide agronomic support for the F2F Genetics Network customers within your assigned geography.
- Carryout product evaluation through the F2F Genetics Network testing program.
- Work directly with F2F Genetics Network customers to collect and submit product performance data throughout the year.
- Work within FBN guidelines and alongside the marketing team to promote the F2F Genetic Network brands across the assigned geographies.
- Collaborate with the FBN sales team and existing local FBN farmer advocates to organize and manage farmer information and sales events.
- Plan and conduct meetings and 1:1 ride alongs to train the FBN sales team on seeds and best selling practices.
- Use FBN’s instance of Salesforce on a daily basis to manage, prioritize and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers.
- Document and report suggestions from farmers to improve seed products and programs.
- Represent the F2F Genetics Network at various farm industry trade shows and events.
- Identify seed use opportunities for the farmer by creating savings analyses, product recommendations and conducting walkthroughs of the F2F Genetics Network seed finder and other sales tools.
- Train F2F Genetics Network customers on the seed ordering system and FBN’s seamless transaction platform.
- Create and implement new insights and novel approaches to better facilitate an industry leading portfolio of seed products.
- Other activities as necessary in the start-up environment of FBN to deliver on the financial objectives for the seeds portfolio.
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills with a heightened sensitivity to the issues farmers face.
- Ability to collaborate and work through and alongside other sales experts at FBN.
- Have at least 5-10 years experience as a district, regional or territory manager selling seeds directly to farmers or via farmer dealers.
- Possess the knowledge and experience of a Certified Crop Advisor or successfully obtain Certified Crop Advisor certification.
- Strong domain experience and background in farming, production agriculture, retail or input sales.
- Comfort managing the inherent fine-line between successfully ‘finalizing the sale’ and being perceived by the farmer as being too aggressive.
- Candidate must be comfortable with technology and ideally the latest precision ag systems; experience with Salesforce a nice to have but not required.
- Background in Agronomy including, but not limited to, the management and use of agronomic data.
- Strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills in addition to being highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, accountable team structure.
- A farmer focus and a commitment to farmer satisfaction.