Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
FBN is looking to add to a Product Manager who will be responsible for managing and growing key areas of our application suite used by farmers and other constituents across the agricultural ecosystem. You will help ideate, build a roadmap, define requirements, and lead teams through to execution and launch. You will help FBN transform the farmer experience end to end.
**Note** We are open to considering various levels of seniority, up to and including Director-level candidates.
- Manage the end-to-end product life cycle including market needs, opportunity definition, roadmap, and requirements to develop FBN products with durable competitive advantage.
- Drive customer, competitive, and comparable research to identify unmet needs, product gaps, and inform prioritization decisions. Immerse yourself in how FBN customers experience our product, and how it can be made better. Conduct customer interviews to gather foundational insights and test out new product concepts.
- Own the vision for your product line and evangelize throughout FBN. Work closely with other Product Managers to develop a seamless experience across the FBN portfolio. Balance the big picture in agricultural systems with the technical details of our data-rich applications.
- Own dashboard of customer-backed metrics that lead to actionable insights and informed product decisions.
- Use rapid experimentation to learn quickly, iterate, and get it right.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Design, Engineering, Professional Services, Marketing and Sales to ensure seamless execution of your product strategy.
- Manage whole-product releases to ensure the entire company is ready to sell, implement, and support major feature roll-outs.
THINGS WE LOOK FOR
- Excellent product sense and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem within both internet and agriculture.
- Excellent communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, to press and other audiences.
- Experience framing needs, developing user stories, managing a backlog, and working in a fast-paced agile development environment.
- Demonstrated success in launching new products.
- High EQ, intuition and skills in communicating your strategy across the company, with end users, and other audiences.
- 4 + years of software product management experience, ideally with at least 2 years in SMB or enterprise software.
- Ability to distill abstract issues into concrete problem statements.
- Ability to make things happen amidst ambiguity, complexity, and inter-dependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; a data-driven problem solver. Comfortable using hypothesis-based experiments to deliver new features and optimize user experience.
- Personal initiative and self-starter mentality; thrives in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Bachelor's degree in CS or Engineering preferred.
- Role is based in the bay area with relocation possible.
- Health insurance
- Stock options
- Farm visits!
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.