Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
Farmers Business Network (FBN) is looking for a Systems Engineer who will play a key role in the implementation and support of an ERP suite including the Salesforce and NetSuite functions across all business units. This strategic position will be part of a strong team that will play a pivotal role in the farm systems ERP technology transformation.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating, enhancing, evaluating and maintaining systems or software applications by performing the full range of moderately complex development and support duties.
- Serves as lead subject matter expert for FBN’s ERP product suites
- Provides technical troubleshooting and functional support for business users of FBN
- Resolves broadly defined problems by identifying root cause and identifying creative solutions
- Can identify hidden problems and look beyond initial answers
- Delivers system enhancements by recommending innovative solutions
- Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet user’s requirements more efficiently, and/or with greater reusability
- Maintains (or creates) documentation of the FBN systems, design, processes, and policies
- Collaborates with internal business partners to enhance FBN’s business processes (e.g. modify custom workflows, condition rules, approvals, etc.), to support ongoing business process changes
- Develops a working understanding of each business unit functions. Meets business needs by translating user requirements into solutions
- Protects the Company by handling business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality
A Systems Engineer provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organizations mission of utilizing information technology to improve farming value
- Execute standardization of ERP software solutions across FBN’s assets
- Create and implement with the help of Super User group SOPs across all operations, evaluate alternative workflow solutions
- Control solution by establishing specifications; coordinate production with development
- Create system procedures, guidelines and manuals
- Orchestrate employee training at FBN and operating subsidiaries
- Work with software providers and operating teams to optimize the use of software for FBN’s workflow
- Work with providers and operating company employees to resolve system issues in a timely manner
- Conducting regular reviews of systems and generating reports on efficiencies and improvement areas
- Conduct research into other supplementary system solutions as the market develops
- Risk mitigation planning and execution
- Positive attitude and excellent customer service skills are expected
- Provide level 2-3 technical support for Enterprise Application Systems
- Provide Team Member training on new and existing application features
- Develop processes to assist with rapid changes to application enhancements.
- Facilitate application testing throughout the change process
- Manage and track support cases internally with users and opened with software vendors.
- Available for occasional on-call rotation
Qualifications and Skills
- Prefer experience with NetSuite and Salesforce
- Prefer experience with Procure to Pay, Sales to Cash, Supply Chain and Logistics
- Extensive experience in systems implementation, preferably with ERP software
- Backup system administrators
- Understanding of shared services / multi-organization functionality
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work with different teams
- Excellent troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple engagements in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Interest in the farming industry and entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in information systems or computer science
- Knowledge of data modelling
- Experience with iterative or agile software development methodologies
- Able to produce clear and concise documentation of processes and changes
- Must have a proven track record of leading, developing, and integrating commercial ERP systems (NetSuite preferred but not required). Experience in the Ag Input Sales is a plus
- Must have experience with Computer Science fundamentals at significant scale, complex database design, modeling, optimization
- Strong knowledge of GSuite strongly preferred
- Travel Requirements: occasional travel required to other locations