Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
The IT Project Manager may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects that cross multiple programs and functions. This person is expected to operate at both strategic and tactical levels. You will lead and manage moderately sized enterprise-level IT projects consisting of multiple internal teams and/or requiring integration with external vendor teams as well as tactical execution to plan. The position will be responsible for leading and managing projects for the IT Enterprise Applications, IT Infrastructure, IT Security & Compliance teams.
- Manage projects with some multidisciplinary team members and moderate technical scope.
- Assume accountability for project's success and goals.
- Assist with project activities related to organizational change management (e.g., development and execution of user adoption implementation, and deployment plans) as defined by the project.
- Identify and manage potential risks or issues.
- Proactively develop contingency and mitigation plans.
- Work closely with project sponsors to ensure that project delivers the agreed upon requirements.
- Help with portfolio management by creating presentations of the overall health of projects.
- Keep track of milestones and deliver status reports on a weekly basis.
- Contributing independent thought to tactical planning and execution efficiencies.
- Manage resources, maintain budgets, oversee progress and document all aspects of multiple projects.
- BS/MS Computer Science, Information Science, Management Information Systems, or Business Administration
- 5+ years relevant experience in a project management capacity for IT projects in the areas such as infrastructure implementation/replacement, various enterprise software upgrades/maintenance releases, database management, commercial cloud software implementations and various system integrations.
- PMP or equivalent certification preferred.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and external sources as needed.
- Strong proficiency with project management software, such as Jira Software and others.
- Good organizational skills including tool utilization (spreadsheets, project management tools, mind maps), information capture, attention to detail, and prioritization.
- Knowledge and experience managing projects for various employee productivity and collaboration systems and tools such as Jira Software, Google Enterprise Apps, Google Drive.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycles, contemporary project management methodologies (agile, iterative and incremental) and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Previous hands-on IT solution development, systems analysis, or software QA experience highly desirable.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.