Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting the Canadian Business Unit by developing and executing a marketing strategy that drives the growth objectives for all lines of business. This will include a variety of tactics including producing internal and external facing marketing materials that will educate and generate demand for our products and services. The Marketing Manager, together with the Canadian leadership team, will also work on special projects that will add new capabilities to FBN.
- DRIVE DEMAND
- Develop, implement and continually evolve a marketing strategy informed by customer insights, sales feedback, and BU strategies.
- Production and execution of marketing tactics that support business strategies.
- Develop farmer- facing marketing content, social media, web collateral, in-product messaging, and other communication tools that help current and prospective FBN members understand the value of FBN Products and services.
- Develop internal sales training & channel support materials that are educational, practical and accessible for sales team members and channel partners to help them communicate the value of our products in terms that are relevant to our farmers.
- Leverage and adapt global marketing campaigns to be effective within the Canadian market.
- Measurement, analysis, and insights to understand the effectiveness of our marketing and sales initiatives.
- KNOW THE CUSTOMER
- Interface with farmers and other key stakeholders to understand the real-life value and use cases of our products.
- Understand the motivations, needs, purchase drivers, and barriers to adoption of our customers.
- Leverage data to support decisions. Manage data including segmentation, reporting, and campaign testing.
- WORK CROSS FUNCTIONALLY
- Interface with marketing leadership, sales team members, business unit leaders to execute tactics that will help FBN reach our financial and strategic goals.
- Support cross-functional alignment for new product innovation by aggregating, organizing, and synthesizing the information needed by the launch teams to make new product launches successful.
Common day-to-day activities
- Align with BU’s on business priorities and financial plans
- Create demand generation plans that deliver on BU priorities and financial plans
- Assess performance of marketing initiatives and adjust executions as necessary to increase performance
- Report out to management, BU’s, Sales and other stakeholders on performance
- Develop message strategy and work with FBN’s content production team to coordinate the production of marketing assets with internal and agency partners.
- Conduct direct research and analysis of customer behaviors in data to unlock insights to help grow the business
- Socialize and train cross-functional partners on initiatives and win their support for projects.
- Lead special projects that will unlock the next level of FBN growth
- 4+ years in a product marketing or marketing management role, preferably at a software, agriculture, or food setting
- Command of how to develop an end to end marketing plan, including budgeting and resource allocation, oversight, and outcomes measurement
- Self-starter with drive to succeed in a quickly changing business environment
- Strong background in agricultural crop protection and seed products a must
- Ability to distill complex business and technology strategies to compelling messaging across various marketing materials across a variety of audiences
- Experience creating internal and external marketing assets, including one-pagers, webpage content development, and digital advertisements
- Strong time and project management skills with proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong ability to collaborate with team members ranging from “senior leaders to entry level”, outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and proven ability to have impact & influence
- Deep experience with digital marketing channels and how to leverage effectively
- Desire to learn from and serve farmers; excitement to make on-farm visits, conduct extensive user research, and understand our customer needs
- Health insurance
- Stock options
- Farm visits!