Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
FBN’s Regenerative business is revolutionizing sustainable agriculture by putting farmers first. Our business assists members implementing practices that protect and enhance soil health for generations to come and also secures preferential market access and premiums for their grains. FBN Regen has signed partnerships with marque buying organizations across the food, ethanol, and animal feed industries who want to promote sustainable practices in farms across the US. The Regen practices we promote include reducing tillage, planting cover crops, spraying nitrogen with precision, and maximizing yields through optimized seed selection. Outcomes we strive to achieve are increased nitrogen efficiency, reduced carbon emissions, reduced soil runoff, enhanced water quality and water security, and improved long-term profitability.
We are looking for a Customer Service Executive to join the rapidly growing Regen team as we roll out several groundbreaking programs. This role will run operations for three current projects and lay the foundation for the future of the business. This role will largely focus on recruiting members to join premium grain programs, collecting data from members about production practices and outcomes, and building business systems for growth.
This role will also play an influential role in building an Environmental Identity Preserved product which will associate environmental data with grain contracts.
- Own end-to-end farmer relationship including developing of marketing material, recruiting via email and phone outreach, pitching as FBN summer clinics throughout the Corn Belt, and conducting direct field visits with a specific focus on driving farmer participation and adoption of programs
- Manage operational execution of projects through member onboarding, developing and distributing farmer surveys on production practices, collecting precision files, analyzing opportunities for nitrogen efficiency improvements, handling member support, and ensuring contract fulfillment
- Design data collection and management protocol
- Develop and maintain relationships with external stakeholders such as multinational food companies, local grain buyers to create more market opportunities for members in our program
- Create progress reports for tracking key business deliverables
- Coordinate Regen initiatives with other business units including Risk Management, FBN Network, Agronomy, Data Science, Engineering, and Marketing to create seamless member experience across FBN products
- Map the sustainable agriculture industry including trends in regenerative agriculture, carbon markets both foreign and domestic, emerging agriculture technology and practices, and buyer needs
- Help drive the strategy of one of the most exciting new businesses at FBN
- 5+ years of precision agriculture, customer success, hands-on operational management, or consulting experience
- Commanding domain experience and background in farming, production agriculture, sustainability, and retail or input sales.
- Strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills in addition to being highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, accountable team structure.
- Multi-generational farm, farm hand or farm related background.
- Experience balancing execution, agility and culture at a fast growing business.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in agriculture, environmental science, agronomy, or related fields
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.