What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN Network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
We are looking for a Partnerships and Business Development Manager to define and drive a multifaceted approach to external partner development as well as farmer-to-farmer business interaction. This role will help transform the way we pursue partnerships and scalable growth, expanding our strategy to drive new revenue opportunities, new farmer member growth opportunities, and an enhanced member experience.
This individual will work with both FBN Network and Senior leadership across the company to execute on growth-oriented projects focused on growing the FBN partner base, member base and experience, and the company’s revenue. Qualified candidates will have a strong ability to execute on P&L responsibilities and close deals, while simultaneously getting in the weeds with research and pursuing transformative strategies.
- Corporate partnership business unit
- Own P&L for external corporate partner business unit, which is driven principally by sponsorship of our annual Farmer2Farmer conference
- Willingness to re-define and re-invent go-to-market offering - including partnership packages, which typically include marketing and digital product support
- Filter and codify many external partnership inquiries, working with leadership at external entities to determine appropriate path forward, if any, with FBN
- Responsible for sourcing potential partners, maintaining a robust pipeline on deals, and closing partners
- Oversee execution of partnership value exchange, typically including 1. Delivery of marketing and digital experience, and 2. Delivery of sponsorship return at our Farmer2Farmer conference
- Farmer to farmer marketplace
- Work with Product and Network leadership to define the design and business case for a suite of farmer to farmer marketplace tools, such as equipment classifieds
- Conduct primary farmer research on value of potential offerings as well as design of digital product
- Lead relationships with external partners on inventory-related collaboration
- Work closely with Product, Marketing, and sales teams on rollout and improvement of digital products
- Third party ecosystem
- Work with a large cross-functional team to further develop and execute FBN’s “ecosystem” strategy - which is a large growth opportunity for the FBN Network and for our business units
- Take learnings from FBN’s initial Hub and Seed Ambassador successes to expand our third party ecosystem offerings
- Identify third party ecosystem partners, such as independent Accountants or Agricultural Associations, develop a joint go to market offering between FBN and partner
- Drive ecosystem expansion with a set of trial partners, identifying and selling ideal partners, defining operational processes internally and externally, and leading rollout to our farmer network
- Hire and scale team to scale successful ecosystem partnerships
- 5-8 years of relevant P&L management, business development, partnerships, or business operations experience
- Experience sourcing, nurturing, structuring, and closing on partnership opportunities - and then overseeing value delivery to those partners
- Exceptional command over creating and delivering structured and unstructured communication to executive teams
- Enjoy working in an innovative capacity, with appropriate flexibility and the ability to work in a more fluid and ambiguous environment
- A relentless passion for understanding and meeting the needs of FBN’s core farmer member - including the appetite to conduct direct customer research
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple, concurrent business initiatives that have significant business impact
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build proactive cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization as well as with external partners
- Exhibited interest in the agriculture and food ecosystems, with a focus on supporting FBN and its Farmers First approach
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.