Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
- March: 20 hours per week
- April - June: 30 - 40 hours per week
- July - September: 20 hours per week
- This is a floor position, and will involve physical movement of product.
- Adhering to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures.
- Managing the inventory and work areas including: receipt, pick, pack, ship and return of product.
- Ensuring the proper functioning of all warehouse tools and equipment.
- Ensuring correct orders are staged and ready for delivery.
- Safe operation of all equipment.
- Operate equipment as necessary.
- Coordinate intake of inventory between shipper, transportation, and receiver.
- Complete regular inventory cycle counts.
- Coordinate outflow of inventory delivered to farmers between sales staff, customers, and logistics.
- Comply with warehousing rules and regulations as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Maneuver inventory into loading and unloading positions.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions.
- Report defects, incidents and accidents, and violations to management.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 1 year working experience in product distribution to customer base
- Proven work experience managing inventory
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and the ability to complete internal training program is preferred
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL)
- Should have excellent administration skills and abilities
- Ability to effectively manage time, resolve discrepancies, and have strong decision making
- Ability to efficiently coordinate workings with internal and external workers of the company
- Ability to work multiple shifts and occasional weekend shifts during peak season
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Certified, or ability to be certified on equipment
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 55 lbs independently
- Working understanding of any warehouse management system
- Successful completion of Hazmat certification course is required within 30 days of hire
- Comply with safety & DOT regulations
- Ability to safely handle equipment used to physically move inventory
- General knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.