What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN Network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
CORPORATE PARALEGAL ROLE
The Corporate Paralegal will report to the Company’s Chief Legal Officer and will be responsible for a wide array of corporate governance and compliance matters for the Company’s growing businesses. This role requires an ability to work outside the legal department directly with business principals in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment. The successful candidate will be able to build relationships across the organization to ensure timely and efficient handling of an array of matters.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Form and maintain the Company’s legal entities, including corporate and tax filings, annual meetings, board and shareholder resolutions, minutes, resolutions, consents
- 50-state research and regulatory filings supporting the Company’s FBN Direct, Crop Marketing, Insurance, Brokerage, and Finance businesses
- Support secured transactions work including researching and completing UCC and EFS filings
- Monitor bonding requirements with insurance broker
- Work closely with FBN Crop Marketing and Risk Management teams in preparing monthly reports
- Communicate and provide timely information to regulators and inspectors
- Design and maintain contracts management (CMS) databases
- Update and maintain internal forms library and complete forms, including standard form contracts, NDAs and other corporate and commercial agreements
- General support with transactions, such as debt and equity financings, including:
- Compiling and organizing documents for inclusion in data rooms,
- Coordinating the finance/accounting team for document requests,
- Working knowledge of reps and warranties and crafting disclosure schedules, and assembling closing binders
- Conducting diligence
- Responsible for all aspects of business license requirements including, but not limited to, completing detailed forms, writing letters and gathering documentation
- Ensure timeliness, completeness and accuracy of business license applications or renewals submitted on behalf of various business units
- Coordinate approvals and execution of contracts and other legal documents (in compliance with internal signing authority process)
- Monitor contracts for termination dates and expiration
- Check and edit legal forms and documents for accuracy
Regardless of background, the successful candidate will demonstrate a strong interest in FBN’s products, services and technology, good business orientation and be comfortable operating autonomously in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- 4+ years of experience
- Major law firm experience
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- Excellent organizational skills
- Desire to solve problems, think creatively, and adapt to a dynamic market
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- General experience with secured transactions, including filing UCC statements, EFS statements, and requesting lien searches
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a competitive compensation plan and an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.