Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
The Risk Management Advisor position is a strategic role focused on developing, selling, and refining our crop marketing program and related service offerings. This position is also part of a development program that will allow top performing individuals to graduate into advisory, merchandising, risk management and other key roles within the Commodity Crop Marketing business at FBN. A crop marketing background with an advanced grasp of grain marketing, and/or markets is a must.
- Collaborate with Sales Development Representatives, Account Managers, Account Executives, and Commercial Managers on a daily basis at an account level to provide the best farmer experience and generate referrals
- Place outbound calls to farmers to generate leads, prioritize and manage your sales pipeline, and close sales for the Market Intelligence and Cash Grain Management offerings at FBN
- Work closely with Farm Marketing Advisors to jointly close new clients (when necessary) and manage the effective transition of new clients into the Cash Grain Management Program
- Use Salesforce and other SaaS tools to manage, prioritize, and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers
- Deploy to the field on an as-needed basis from time to time
- Assist a current Risk Management Associate in providing market advice, personalized pricing recommendations, and execution support for clients in our Cash Grain Management Program
- Become an internal expert on our market-leading and innovative package opportunities and risk management instruments
We're looking for confident, motivated, competitive, and innovative individuals with a strong work ethic and an appetite for big rewards. Desired characteristics/qualifications include:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a grain marketing role such as grain trading, merchandising, origination, or brokerage
- Possess or ability to obtain the Series 3 licensure (the National Commodities Futures Examination administered by FINRA)
- Fluency in futures, options, hedging, and risk management concepts and offerings
- Graduate with an Agronomy, Sales, Marketing, Business, and Economics-related bachelor’s degree
- Proven ability to excel in a self-guided work environment
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first
- Comfortable using and explaining technology products/services
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, competitive environment where sales achievement will be directly rewarded
- Willingness to travel 10%+ of time