What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN Network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
The Risk Management Advisor position is a strategic role focused on developing, selling, and refining our crop marketing program and related service offerings. This position is also part of a development program that will allow top performing individuals to graduate into advisory, merchandising, risk management and other key roles within the Commodity Crop Marketing business at FBN. A crop marketing background with an advanced grasp of grain marketing, and/or markets is a must.
- Collaborate with Sales Development Representatives, Account Managers, Account Executives, and Commercial Managers on a daily basis at an account level to provide the best farmer experience and generate referrals
- Place outbound calls to farmers to generate leads, prioritize and manage your sales pipeline, and close sales for the Market Intelligence and Cash Grain Management offerings at FBN
- Work closely with Farm Marketing Advisors to jointly close new clients (when necessary) and manage the effective transition of new clients into the Cash Grain Management Program
- Use Salesforce and other SaaS tools to manage, prioritize, and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers
- Deploy to the field on an as-needed basis from time to time
- Assist a current Risk Management Associate in providing market advice, personalized pricing recommendations, and execution support for clients in our Cash Grain Management Program
- Become an internal expert on our market-leading and innovative package opportunities and risk management instruments
We're looking for confident, motivated, competitive, and innovative individuals with a strong work ethic and an appetite for big rewards. Desired characteristics/qualifications include:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a grain marketing role such as grain trading, merchandising, origination, or brokerage
- Possess or ability to obtain the Series 3 licensure (the National Commodities Futures Examination administered by FINRA)
- Fluency in futures, options, hedging, and risk management concepts and offerings
- Graduate with an Agronomy, Sales, Marketing, Business, and Economics-related bachelor’s degree
- Proven ability to excel in a self-guided work environment
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first
- Comfortable using and explaining technology products/services
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, competitive environment where sales achievement will be directly rewarded
- Willingness to travel 10%+ of time