What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN Network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
We are looking for talented, multi-skilled individuals who can fit into our fast-paced company culture. We are a passionate, collaborative team of farmer-focused individuals who wake up every day emulating the farmer ethos of honesty, integrity, commitment and hard work.
The individual assigned to this position will work with farmers in the network to help them procure critical crop inputs, such as crop protection products. Account Executives cover a predetermined market area and will help farmers access FBN Direct – a revolutionary way for growers to purchase crop inputs that provides farmers with price transparency on hundreds of products and a way to source low-cost chemicals delivered straight to the farm. FBN Direct has saved thousands of dollars for hundreds of farmers through its offerings.
The Account Executive will additionally play a key role in rapidly expanding the FBN network in Canada by being a member of the early Canada launch team. Through an aggressive ground game and leveraging partnerships and connections, the Account Executive will help build highly concentrated nodes of members in order to help reach data sufficiency. The Account Executive will help farmers realize the full stack of FBN offerings and services as they come online in Canada through continual member engagement.
The Account Executive will primarily be responsible for the overall business health of an assigned geography that primarily consists of managing a Community Builder network to drive FBN Direct sales and network growth. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Account Executives are accountable for the all encompassing management of a geographic territory including, but not limited to, membership and sales growth
- Account Executives are responsible for attracting, onboarding and managing Community Builders in their territories
- Community Builders are responsible for selling commercial products to their customers
- Community Builders are responsible for referring customers to Account Executives
- Account Executives are responsible for selling FBN memberships and onboarding new customers
- Account Executives will also oversee some of their own customer relationships
- Account Executives report to Regional Managers who are responsible for all results in their region
- Represent FBN at various farm industry trade shows/events.
- Coordinate with nearby Member Recruiters to work with existing members
- Use our instance of Salesforce to manage, prioritize and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers
Work with the Community Builders to execute on:
- Understanding a grower’s crop input needs throughout the season.
- Identify savings opportunities for the grower by creating savings analyses and conducting walkthroughs of our unique analytical tools.
- Constructing orders and shipments through our seamless transaction platform.
- Organize and manage farmer information and sales events with existing, local farmer advocates.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills with a heightened sensitivity to the issues farmers face.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a district, regional, or territory manager managing Dealer Model contract type positions and selling products or services directly to farmers.
- Knowledge of crop protection products required.
- Knowledge of the distinct trends, practices, and characteristics of Canadian farmers, specifically in AB.
- Strong domain experience and background in farming, production agriculture, retail, or input sales.
- Comfort managing the inherent fine-line between successfully ‘finalizing the sale’ and being perceived by the farmer as being too aggressive.
- Candidate must be comfortable with technology and ideally the latest precision ag systems; experience with Salesforce a nice to have but not required.
- Background in Agronomy including, but not limited to, the management and use of agronomic data.
- Strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills in addition to being highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, accountable team structure.
- A farmer focus and a commitment to farmer satisfaction.
- Ability to travel throughout assigned territory.
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors or advanced degree in either an Agronomic or a sales oriented discipline.
- At least 5+ strong sales and sales management experience in agriculture managing and exceeding monthly and annual quotas selling directly to farmers.
- 2+ years’ experience or familiarity with precision farming systems. Some training may be provided.
- Multi-generational farm, farm hand, or farm related background.
- Experience in the enterprise SaaS software market.
- Cross-functional experience working across the enterprise.
- Experience balancing execution, agility, and culture in a fast growing business.