What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN Network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
We are a well-funded, dynamic, and innovative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits. We have recently been featured in these articles by the Wall Street Journal and Forbes, and were also named "One of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World" by Fast Company Magazine. See a short clip of recent TV news coverage to learn what makes us differentiated in the industry.
The goal of the FBN Summer Legal Intern Program is to expose a 1L who is interested in agriculture and technology to the excitement of working at one of Silicon Valley’s most talked about tech companies. Our in-house legal team has diverse experiences from which you will learn, from working at some of the largest law firms in the world to working at Wall Street banks. In addition, you will experience the day-to-day reality of being an in-house attorney--having a full plate of a variety of tasks while also providing advice to executives and business leaders.
- You will experience first hand the excitement and variety of working at a fast growing start-up/technology company. No two days will be the same and every task will be different than the one before.
- You will not be siloed into one practice group. Rather, you will work directly with our lean but growing group of in-house attorneys and paralegals, as well as our outside advisers on every kind of legal issue that a fast growing tech company faces--domestic and international legal matters covering commercial contracting, IP licensing, corporate law, governance, regulatory, financing, risk management, secured transactions, credit, and the full variety of agriculture specific legal issues.
- While you will be supervised by one of our in-house attorneys, you will often work directly with business group leaders to find efficient, practical solutions to their legal requirements.
- You will prepare legal memoranda and presentations, you will gain experience in drafting, and you will gain experience in researching and understanding the various regulated industries in which we work.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Current 1L law student.
- Resume, Cover Letter, Unofficial Law School Transcript (when available), and a Writing Sample from your previous legal coursework will be required.
- Must exhibit a high level of professionalism and sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Ability to work independently. Thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Ability to spot issues and anticipate follow-up questions.
- Must be flexible and able to quickly react to last minute changes.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, follow-up and problem-solving skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Catered lunch daily and fully stocked snack bar!
- Monthly housing allowance.
- Offsite retreat with the legal group.
- Summer mixers with other business groups within the company.
- End of summer program where FBN attorneys will assist you in developing your resume and interview skills for whatever you choose to do for your 2L summer--clerking, big gov, small gov, big law, or other in-house opportunities. We want to help you succeed in what comes next.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact email@example.com
This position will be located in our San Carlos, CA office.