What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN Network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
We are looking for Account Specialists to ensure that farmers who do business through the FBN Network receive a world class customer service experience. This role will transform how we process product orders for our members. This individual will work cross-functionally with the FBN Account Managers, Account Executives, and other intercompany sales departments to identify customer needs and facilitate FBN Direct, FBN Seed, and other product orders. This role will be responsible for tracking, coordinating, and reporting on the status of orders processed through internal systems. Account Specialists will be required to meet daily KPI’s to ensure the best order processing and product delivery experience for our members.
Individuals in this role will work with other departments, including all sales departments and sales representatives, Supply Chain, Logistics, and Finance to ensure all orders meet company defined requirements and order delivery timelines. Individuals in this account specialist role will work to facilitate, communicate, and track the complete sales order process. Individuals will also be responsible to handle product returns, swaps, and change orders that comply with company policies and programs. Qualified candidates will have a customer-centric approach to problem solving, comfort speaking directly with internal staff and directly with farmers when necessary, and an ability to command a wide variety of offerings and responsibilities.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Facilitate order management through the entire sales order process.
- Estimate approval, Master Distribution Agreement (MDA) coordination, collection of RUP tax exempt and Grower Agreements (GTA), credit status and finance verification, all necessary to complete a flight check/order approval.
- Accept Sales Orders from inside/outside sales teams and fulfill items with respect to inventory level and geographical proximity to delivery warehouses. Includes orders submitted through the FBN Store
- Order and item fulfillment
- Apply logic and structure to customer deliveries with regard to balancing urgency of product requests with shipment cost.
- Coordinate details of order with warehouse and internal/third party logistics providers with regard to picking, packing, and final shipment to customers.
- Facilitate, manage, and track product returns, swaps, and change orders.
- Provide follow up and communication for inside/outside sales teams on order status, shipping questions, or troubleshooting delivery issues.
- Research and provide communication with inside/outside sales teams on billing, credit, and account balance questions.
- Communicate and coordinate in a customer facing role when necessary regarding the status of tax exempt forms, Grower Agreements (GTA), Restricted Use Permits (RUP), Master Distribution Agreement (MDA), order status, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with business unit owners to devise and implement strategies to ensure optimal customer service for farmers in the FBN network.
- Maintain Order Error log and enter errors timely and accurately.
- Provide Ad-Hoc training to inside/outside sales team regarding order processes.
- Perform pre-delivery exchanges/change orders per inside/outside sales team requests.
- Complete proactive (daily) report pulls looking for order discrepancies (dates missing, programs incorrect, incomplete order information, etc). Provide key tracking and reporting data to management for order tracking activity. Troubleshoot order issues.
- Develop, maintain, and improve policies, processes, and SOP’s per FBN best practices.
- Multitask and work within multiple systems (i.e., NetSuite, Google Sheets, Salesforce, Tableau)
- Participate in process improvement idea generation by partnering with cross-functional teams that manage a specific process, product group, or improvement initiative within FBN.
- Provide support to purchasing and inventory teams and perform transfer orders from other warehouses or vendors when necessary.
- Perform corrective steps in NetSuite and other supporting systems if Sales Orders (S.O.) have been executed incorrectly in order to reduce negative customer experiences and ensure accurate billing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Agricultural Business & Economic, Agronomy, or relevant field preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 2-4 years of relevant customer service experience, order management, support or sales experience, with top tier results, preferably with prior agricultural work experience
- Or combination of education and work experience
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first and to go the extra mile to provide the customer with a premium experience
- A relentless passion for understanding and meeting the needs of the customer/farmer
- Proven ability to manage multiple accounts at one time across several technology platforms, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Analytical in nature; motivated by using data to draw conclusions and take action to complete orders, recognize areas for improvement, and deliver optimal results
- Proven ability to excel in a self-guided and independent work environment
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, competitive environment where world class customer service is the expectation
- Excellent listener and self-starter with process orientation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Competency in computer skills: CRM tools (i.e. Salesforce), ERP (i.e. Netsuite preferred), web-based tools, and database systems/application
- Aptitude for working in a role filled with ambiguity, within an offering that is very dynamic and ever-changing.
- Demonstrated track record of a positive, team-oriented, and solution-oriented attitude towards change and difficult problems
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.