What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
We are looking for a diligent, organized, hard-working candidate who will be responsible for the management of chemical, fertilizer, and seed inventory for a central distribution warehouse. Performs all the functions of the warehouse and ensures smooth operations of warehouse activities. Truck Drivers will be responsible for timely delivery of product shipments to FBN members. Drivers are accountable for ensuring integrity of high-value inventory both in FBN warehouses’, as well as during transport.
- This is a floor position, and will involve physical movement of product.
- Adhering to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures.
- Managing the inventory and work areas including: receipt, pick, pack, ship and return of product.
- Ensuring the proper functioning of all warehouse tools and equipment.
- Ensuring correct orders are staged and ready for delivery.
- Safe operation of all equipment.
- Transporting finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants and/or distribution centers, to and from FBN Member locations.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance daily
- Work with Warehouse Supervisor to plan routes and meeting customer delivery expectations
- Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Coordinate intake of inventory between shipper, transportation, and receiver.
- Complete regular inventory cycle counts.
- Coordinate outflow of inventory delivered to farmers between sales staff, customers, and logistics.
- Comply with warehousing rules and regulations as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Maneuver inventory into loading and unloading positions.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions.
- Report defects, incidents and accidents, and violations to management.
- Ensure product returns are of original product integrity and physical counts are completed prior to accepting product.
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Loading and unloading cargo at warehouse if needed
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years working experience in product distribution to customer base
- Proven work experience managing inventory
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and the ability to complete internal training program
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL)
- Ability to work multiple shifts and occasional weekend shifts during peak season
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs independently
- Working understanding of any warehouse management system
- Comply with safety & DOT regulations
- Ability to safely handle equipment used to physically move inventory
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Proven work experience as a truck driver
- CDL license with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements
- Acceptable incident history; No recent moving or driving violations
- Comply with DOT and OSHA safety regulations
- Clean/Pass DOT drug/alcohol and physical
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
- Provide references or contact information from past employers
- Verification upon request of trucking school diploma (if applicable)
- Valid truck driving license
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.