What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN Network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Overview and Responsibilities
Location: Yorkton, SK, Canada
The Sales Agronomist will develop and implement sales strategies to supply complete and unbiased agronomic support to FBN members and/or clients. Areas of service include, but are not limited to; agronomic issues, data collection and reporting, pest management recommendations, development of recommendations for crop inputs and hybrid selection, and creation and presentation of educational training sessions. The Sales Agronomist will have a strong understanding of the FBN platform, they will be an asset for customers to interpret and utilize how they can get the most value using FBN’s network and data analytics.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a heightened sensitivity to market conditions
- Minimum of 3 years of applicable field experience including sales, marketing development and support
- Ability to present data and information in front of large groups
- Work closely with the Regional Sales Manager to ensure seamless communication of business and agronomic information to FBN members
- Basic understanding of soil fertility, crop protection products and practices, weed and insect identification, agricultural chemicals and seed products
- Broad understanding of production agricultural practices in soybeans, corn, canola and wheat is critical for success.
- Strong domain experience and background in farming, production agriculture, retail or input sales
- Experience and comfort with computers and technology and the latest precision ag systems; experience with Salesforce (CRM) is considered a plus
- Strong background in Agronomy including, but not limited to, the management and use of data analytics to help customers optimize their operations
- Strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills
- High level of motivation and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, accountable team structure
- Strong farmer focus and commitment to farmer satisfaction
- Maintain a Farmers First® mentality to continually improve the member experience
- B.S. in an agricultural field or 7+ years experience in agriculture
- The Certified Crop Advisor designation would be considered an asset
- 3+ years sales and sales management experience in agriculture, managing and exceeding monthly and annual quotas selling directly to farmers
- Experience and/or familiarity with precision farming systems
- Hands-on farming experience or agriculture related background
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in various work situations
- A valid driver’s license and some domestic travel (up to 50%) will be required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a base salary, company equity, plus an attractive incentive bonus compensation plan. Sales achievement will be directly rewarded. Full details of this plan will be shared with candidates during the interview process. Furthermore, we also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.