What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN Network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Farmers Business Network is hiring an Agronomy Operations Specialist. Ideal candidates will be self-starters, customer service focused, and have well-established IT proficiency. As an Agronomy Operations Specialist, you will work with senior staff agronomists and sales personnel to manage and improve technical agronomy support critical to company growth. Candidates will have the opportunity to learn agronomy principles from the industry's best agronomists as well as develop process oriented thinking, problem solving skills, and IT support know-how.
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
- Maintain good data hygiene across support channels and systems (Dialpad, Salesforce, Google G Suite); develop process automation to reduce error potential; maximize software use and efficiency by training support team on best practices for gathering and organizing pertinent data
- Work closely with the Head of Agronomy, Senior Staff Agronomists, and sales personnel to support roadmap and project priorities
- For in-bound agronomy support inquiries, verify timely and satisfactory inquiry resolution
- Monitor and report out quality and usage metrics; forecast near- and mid-term support workload and capacity to update management on scaling needs; on-board and train support contractors
- Execute agronomy support standard operating procedure; continually update support workflow process to improve team efficiency
- Regularly poll stakeholders for opportunities to improve and/or expand support offerings
- Report on recurrent support inquiries; develop issue summaries and resolution documents for company-wide distribution
- Facilitate the building or a searchable agronomy resource library where agronomists can archive agronomic content applicable to FBN members
- Identify gaps in training library and commission new training modules from Agronomists to fill those gaps
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Organizing Technical Information and creating bridges across different systems
- Proven ability to excel in a self-guided, independent work environment
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first
- Efficient using and explaining technology products/services
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to utilize databases and spreadsheets to the fullest extent
- Work cross-functionally across the company to define and understand business needs
- Develop reports and analytics for new initiatives and tracking key business metrics
- Fluency in Ag chemical, fertilizer, and/or seed products, to include analyzing active ingredients and concentrations
- Proficiencies in Google G Suite, Salesforce Service Cloud, Dialpad, Zendesk and or other support software, Salesforce administration or customization, softphone software
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.