Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
Eastern Sales Manager, Farm Marketing Advisors
This person will join our rapidly growing crop marketing business to expand our comprehensive Farm Marketing Advisory program to lead our Eastern team of Farm Marketing Advisors (FMAs). Farm Marketing Advisory, our full-service commodity grain marketing advisory program and the FMAs, are the personal advisors for the clients in this program. This is one of the newest and fastest growing offerings at FBN, and this is a unique opportunity to help build and lead a high-value business line at one of the fastest growing companies in the Ag industry.
- Act as a player coach at the outset of this program to help clearly define best-practices and expectations as the team of FMAs grows
- Lead the FMA team in all respects including hiring, training and performance management
- Work with business line leaders to determine hiring needs based on the continued growth of the program
- Develop and execute rigorous initial and ongoing training for all FMAs in accordance with sales best practices, accepted compliance protocols and in conjunction with legal and operations teams
- Support FMAs in delivering a consistent and high-quality experience to all clients, defining SLAs that ensure high customer satisfaction and working with the business and product teams to identify and develop tools that can improve the customer experience
- Routinely communicate any new service offerings and key business objectives to team members
- Develop forecasts and manage team performance in accordance with stated business objectives
- Solicit feedback on program related services and tools, instilling a culture of continuous improvement
- Work cross-functionally with analytics, legal, operations, trade execution, origination, logistics and other teams to help ensure a high-quality experience for Farm Marketing Advisory clients
Required characteristics/qualifications include:
- BS/BA required
- 5+ years of direct experience managing sales or advisory teams
- 3+ years of experience in a brokerage or advisory role
- Possess or able to obtain Series 3/30 licenses
- Specialized knowledge of grain marketing and risk management practices
- Solid grasp of grain futures and options markets as well as associated OTC derivative products like hedge-to-arrive contracts
- Knowledge of industry regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first
- Highly independent, goal-oriented and creative
- Demonstrated experience developing a collaborative team environment
- Comfortable using technology products/services
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced start-up environment, this is not a 9-5 job
- Willingness to travel 25% of time
Preferred characteristics/qualifications include:
- On-farm sales experience
- Experience in cash grain markets or grain merchandising
- Familiarity with analyst groups within the commodities sector
- Ability to build a team of 12 Farm Marketing Advisors within 30 months of the start date
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a base salary, company equity, plus an incentive bonus compensation plan. Full details will be shared with candidates during the interview process. Furthermore, we also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.