What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
This person will join our rapidly growing seed business as part of the effort to expand the F2F Genetics Network and related service offerings FBN, LLC. The F2F Genetics Network’s mission is to rewrite the seed industry in way that puts the Farmer First®. This is a unique opportunity to become a critical part of a high-value business line at one of the fastest growing companies in the Ag industry.
This role will lead the effort to develop sales of seeds in an assigned geography. By cutting out layers of the typical seed industry value chain, the F2F Genetics Network is able to offer high-quality genetics and a great price. The primary focus of this role will be the F2F Genetics brand and will also support sales of other brands FBN distributes. This position will work with other members of the FBN sales team to help source and close seed sales. This position will have direct responsibility to recruit, train and support the F2F Ambassador program, which offers FBN members an opportunity to promote the F2F Genetics Network. This position will also support FBN with direct competitive insights, product forecasts and support for establishing FBN as a seeds leader.
- Sell seeds direct to farmers via assigned and recruited accounts
- Collaborate with the FBN sales team and existing local FBN farmer advocates to organize and manage farmer information and sales events
- Plan and conduct meetings and 1:1 ride alongs to train the FBN sales team on seeds and best selling practices.
- Use FBN’s instance of Salesforce to manage, prioritize and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers.
- Document and report suggestions from farmers to improve seed products and programs and demonstrate to farmers that FBN listens.
- Represent the F2F Genetics Network at various farm industry trade shows/events to sell seed and recruit Ambassadors.
- Understanding a farmer’s crop input needs throughout the season
- Identify savings opportunities for the farmer by creating savings analyses and conducting walkthroughs of FBN’s price transparency tools, seed finder and other sales tools
- Constructing orders and shipments through FBN’s seamless transaction platform
- Create and implement on new insights and novel approaches to better facilitate an industry leading portfolio of seed products
- Other activities as necessary in the start-up environment of FBN to deliver on the financial objectives for the seeds portfolio
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills with a heightened sensitivity to the issues farmers face.
- Ability to collaborate and work through and alongside other sales experts at FBNAt least 5 years experience as a district, regional or territory manager selling seeds directly to farmers or via farmer dealers
- Strong domain experience and background in farming, production agriculture, retail or input sales
- Comfort managing the inherent fine-line between successfully ‘finalizing the sale’ and being perceived by the farmer as being too aggressive.
- Candidate must be comfortable with technology and ideally the latest precision ag systems; experience with Salesforce a nice to have but not required.
- Background in Agronomy including, but not limited to, the management and use of agronomic data.
- Strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills in addition to being highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, accountable team structure.
- A farmer focus and a commitment to farmer satisfaction.