What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN Network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
The Role : Account Manager
Location: High River, AB
The Account Manager position is an inside account management position focused on delivering an industry leading customer experience for all of our farm members. This position is responsible for maximizing member satisfaction, retention and growth. Account Managers facilitate member onboarding, product engagement, awareness of all FBN service offerings, FBN Direct product delivery and membership renewals. Account Managers will also leverage their member relationships to generate testimonials and referrals to support continued network growth. This position requires a self-starter who can independently prioritize a sales/execution process involving multiple business objectives and many products across several product lines. A background with an advanced grasp of Ag chemicals, fertilizers, and/or data products is preferred.
As an FBN Account Manager, you will be required to:
- Build, foster, and manage relationships with hundreds of FBN member farmers in your assigned territory - deeply engage these member farmers with all that FBN has to offer
- Manage the FBN member onboarding process for all new member farmers in your assigned territory, while providing them with an outstanding experience
- Collaborate with a cross-functional territory team to support team sales goals on all remaining FBN product lines, including membership renewal sales and overall customer attachment to FBN commercial business lines
- Operate as the only assigned Account Manager covering a multi-province territory, and self-study to become an expert on the unique usage of FBN Direct products in this distinct geography
- Independently prioritize your day-to-day execution of the sales and post-sale execution process involving the crop input products available on FBN Direct
- Manage hundreds of open sales orders and deliveries at the same time; prioritize your daily efforts to meet the unique business goals that exist in your geographically distinct territory
- Fluently understand and communicate information about chemical; educate farmers about active ingredients and concentrations, chemical equivalents, and generic products
- Independently collaborate with Sales Development Representatives and Account Executives on a daily basis at an account level to provide the best farmer experience
- Place outbound calls to farmers to learn about their operations and identify ways that our products and/or services provide benefits, and achieve productivity expectations
- Demonstrate continued expertise on our market-leading and proprietary agronomic data product
- Demonstrate continued proficiency in communicating our diverse set of service offerings including FBN Finance
- Identify individual benefits for each farmer and tailor your approach to their needs
- Use Salesforce, NetSuite, and other SaaS tools to manage, prioritize, and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers
- Proactively provide and seek peer feedback to improve individual and team performance
- Maintain a Farmers First® mentality to continually improve the member experience
We're looking for confident, motivated, competitive, and innovative individuals with a strong work ethic. Desired characteristics/qualifications include:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience, in an Ag business function
- Fluency in Ag crop input products, to include analyzing active ingredients and concentrations
- Strong agronomy background and experience preferred
- Graduate with an Agronomic, Sales, or Marketing-related bachelor’s degree
- Proven ability to excel in a self-guided, independent work environment
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the Farmers First®
- Comfortable using and explaining technology products/services
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Willingness to travel 15%+ of time