What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN Network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Farm Marketing Advisor
This person will join our rapidly growing crop marketing business as part of the effort to expand the Cash Grain Management program and related service offerings which includes marketing intelligence, and advisory services. This is a unique opportunity to become a critical part of a high-value business line at one of the fastest growing companies in the Ag industry.
- Own the farmer relationship providing personalized marketing advice and support using our centralized market intelligence, recommendations, contracts and services
- Proactively work to uncover the clients marketing challenges and goals, and develop a marketing plan that aligns to these criteria as well as identified marketing best practices
- Stay current on the latest market information in order to provide clients with market context to aid in their decision making
- Communicate all centrally created marketing recommendations to the clients, ensuring those recommendations are personalized to specific farm operations
- Work effectively in a team environment among traders, settlement, logistics and other support staff and help enable effective communication across the entire team
- Build and maintain reports that track positions, show performance and communicate results
- Review and prepare operational documentation including various reports for internal and external use
- Create relationships with end buyers
Required characteristics/qualifications include:
- BS/BA preferred
- Specialized knowledge of grain marketing and risk management practices
- Solid grasp of grain futures and options markets as well as associated OTC derivative products like hedge-to-arrive contracts
- Knowledge of industry regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the Farmers First®
- Highly independent, goal-oriented and creative
- Comfortable using technology products/services
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced start-up environment, this is not a 9-5 job
Willingness to travel and be on farm on the day-to-day basisPreferred characteristics/qualifications include:
- 3+ years working in a similar grain consulting or advisory role
- 3+ on-farm sales experience
- Experience in cash grain markets or grain merchandising
- Existing relationships with farmers and end-buyers
- Familiarity with analyst groups and hedge funds within the commodities sector