What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN Network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
We’re looking to fill an opening on the Strategic Finance & FP&A team and are looking for an innately curious, deeply analytical and highly driven Manager to focus on financial planning and analysis. You will be a critical member of a small team supporting multiple business units to help understand financial trends and define opportunities to drive our growth strategy. This is a highly visible role and will have the opportunity to drive meaningful strategic initiatives by working closely with business unit general managers, CEO and CFO.
The successful candidate will be hard-working, highly ethical, and able to think and act both strategically and independently. This position operates in a fast-paced environment and must be able to support senior leaders through effective communication, logical reasoning and data focused solutions.
As a company we place a strong emphasis on developing the potential of our employees and given the breadth of the role you can expect to gain a great understanding of the overall business and have ample opportunity to grow within the organization.
- Help drive strategic cross-functional projects with high impact on the business
- Define new metrics and build dashboards to provide better visibility into business performance
- Conduct industry benchmarks and competitive research to influence long term changes to the business
- Be willing & able to gather, manipulate, test, & scrub data sets for use in financial analysis
- Be proactive in analysis - rather than simply responding to requests, find data nuggets, trends and opportunities to improve - both large and small
- Be a champion of data accessibility, accuracy and quality by partnering with Accounting, Sales Ops, IT and Data Science teams
- Support management of the company budgeting process and maintain accurate updated forecasts throughout the year
- Produce and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual reports to satisfy internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with/manage the implementation of new systems, tools and processes that facilitate the dissemination of financial information across the business
- B.A. or B.S. from an accredited four-year college or university
- 4+ years of relevant experience in business analytics, business operations, corporate finance or FP&A role
- Proficiency with data visualization software (Tableau) or a willingness to learn
- Desired knowledge of Netsuite ERP and PBCS cloud planning solutions
- Advanced Excel modeling skills
- Proficiency with PowerPoint
- Mission-driven, enthusiastic to learn and grow; team-oriented with a positive attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization and make actionable recommendations and follow through on execution
- Comfort presenting to senior management using exceptional written and verbal communication skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position may be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.