Are you looking for an innovative data analytics and agriculture company with tremendous career growth potential? Join Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. as an HR Business Partner, Mergers & Acquisitions and Canada.
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
FBN is rapidly expanding and we are excited to add a Human Resources Manager & Business Partner to our growing HR team. A successful candidate will be hard-working, highly ethical, and able to think and act both strategically and independently. This position operates in a fast-paced environment and must be able to support FBN team members through effective communication and a solution focused approach.
This is a people-facing role where timely and accurate communications with employees is a must. Your role interfaces with employees beginning at offer acceptance and through all subsequent stages. You are joining a growing team and you will have the opportunity to help build programs and processes from the ground up.
Canada HR Business Partner
This individual will serve as the main point of contact for our Canadian locations and employees. As acting subject matter expert for all HR matters in Canada, responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following:
- Oversee Canadian human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations across all provinces.
- Maintain and update human resources documents, such as organizational charts, employee handbooks or directories, or performance evaluation forms.
- Confer with management to develop or implement personnel policies or procedures.
- Advise management on organizing, preparing, or implementing HR, recruiting or retention programs.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws.
- Administer company training programs, including for regulated business activities
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software.
- Provide management with information or training related to interviewing, performance appraisals, counseling techniques, or documentation of performance issues.
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Analyze employment-related data and prepare required reports.
- Conduct exit interviews and ensure that necessary employment termination paperwork is completed.
- Assist the Payroll and Benefits Administration team as needed
Mergers & Acquisitions
This individual will also be heavily involved in supporting all HR-related activities for potential acquisitions or divestitures. Key responsibilities will include:
- Participate in early evaluations during due diligence for M&A activities to understand the strategic objectives, help assess the candidate company, and provide the early voice on integration planning, risks, and challenges as it relates to HR.
- Work closely with the Corporate Development, Legal teams, and Business Leaders to incorporate the integration approach, operational structure, and key milestones/metrics for each acquisition
- Lead all M&A activities from due diligence to integration from an HR perspective (including benefits, retirement, compensation, equity, etc).
- Engage with the M&A team and driving the transaction from due diligence to integration from an HR perspective
- Working with key stakeholders across HR and payroll to drive the M&A process
- Represent the company in discussions and negotiations with target companies and client bodies – including vendors, potential partners and stakeholders.
- Coordination of financial and operational information throughout all stages of the project up to completion or termination, plus post-implementation reporting.
- Working to validate key integration proposal and developing a clear strategy around the integration/onboarding roadmap.
- Driving the integration from an HR perspective
- Oversee key projects for HR which have an impact on workforce related to M&A activity.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 8+ years of HR experience preferably within a high growth environment.
- Extensive experience with the due diligence process in regards to acquisitions
- Experience with both United States and Canadian HR policies is required
- Proficiency in needs assessment and development of relevant training plans
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, and possess a strong ability to educate, influence, and persuade.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and interests.
- Ability to travel up to 30% to Canada and/or other locations across the United States
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position may be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.