What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN Network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Sales Manager, FBN Finance
This person will join our rapidly expanding FinTech business to build and lead our team of Loan Advisors. This role will create a new, innovative sales process to connect with farmers to serve their financial needs. You will be critical to growing FBN’s lending business and ensuring farmer members have access to credit. We are building an innovative Farmers First® FinTech offering that will address farmers’ financing needs. This is a unique opportunity to help create and grow a new business line at one of the fastest growing companies in the Ag industry.
- Develop initial sales process and iterate quickly to identify the most efficient model that maximizes opportunity, ramping the business as quickly as is reasonable
- Build and lead a team of Loan Advisors in all respects including team design, hiring, training and performance management
- Work with business line leaders to determine hiring needs based on the continued growth of the program and offerings
- Act as a player coach at the outset of this program to help clearly define best-practices and expectations as the team of Loan Advisors grow
- Work with the Head of Underwriting, GM-FBN Finance, and Loan Advisors to solve farmer members’ financial needs
- Develop and execute rigorous initial and ongoing training for all Loan Advisors in accordance with sales best practices and in conjunction with HR, legal and operations teams
- Support Loan Advisors in delivering a consistent and high-quality experience to all farmer members, defining SLAs that ensure high customer satisfaction and working with the business and product teams to identify and develop tools that can improve the customer experience
- Routinely communicate any new service offerings and key business objectives to team members
- Develop forecasts and manage the details of team performance in accordance with stated business objectives
- Solicit feedback on program related services and tools, instilling a culture of continuous improvement
- Work cross-functionally with operations, data analytics, legal, HR and other teams to help ensure a high-quality experience for borrowers
Required characteristics/qualifications include:
- BS/BA required
- 3+ years of direct experience managing bankers or sales teams
- 3+ years of experience as an agricultural loan officer or banker
- Solid grasp of agricultural lending products and the financial constraints facing farmers
- Knowledge of industry regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first
- A desire to develop and sell new products that serve the farmers’ interests
- Highly independent, goal-oriented and creative
- Demonstrated experience developing a collaborative team environment
- Comfortable using technology products/services
- A commitment to the highest ethical standards
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced start-up environment, this is not a 9-5 job
- Willingness to travel
Preferred characteristics/qualifications include:
- On-farm or over-the-phone sales experience
- Experience finding credit solutions for farmers with a wide range of financial profiles
- Experience advising farmers on the financial aspects of their operations
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a base salary, company equity, plus an incentive bonus compensation plan. Full details will be shared with candidates during the interview process. Furthermore, we also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.