What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with farming and rural values? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. (FBN)!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. FBN is an independent and unbiased network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping our members level the playing field and putting power back into farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business NetworkSM is looking for an energetic, analytical, and creative dealmaker to help negotiate and grow our partnerships. The Business Development Associate is someone who is deeply interested in the long-term success of Farmers Business Network, and the future of agriculture. This person can hit the ground running prospecting, supporting partnerships, and thrives in a fast-paced technology company.
You will help mine partnership opportunities, develop relationships and manage partnerships for Farmers Business Network. You will play an integral role on a team that will help set a vision and execute partnerships. You will represent Farmers Business Network to a wide range of partners, support negotiations and think creatively about the terms that will have a sizable impact on the farmer-to-farmer network.
This is a highly cross-functional role, and you will collaborate across internal teams including product, engineering, marketing, operations, finance and legal.
What You’ll Do:
- Evaluate, prioritize, and help execute partnerships for FBN
- Develop meaningful external relationships with key partners
- Prospect potential partnerships, build relationships, and think creatively about potential deal
- Manage initial phases of acquiring potential partners within the ag retail, grain channel and end user & custom application spaces: including but not limited to lead generation, qualification, deal analysis and deal structure. Support negotiation and closing
- Envision new ways that strategic partnerships can positively impact farmer benefits and applicable business line(s) by applying both creative and analytical lenses
- Collaborate with Product to bring partnership to farmers
- Set, track and report partner performance metrics
- Partner with manufacturer and distributor representatives to acquire and disseminate timely product and industry information.
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing BD leads through creative follow-up designed to increase awareness of FBN products and capabilities.
- Responsible for gathering field intelligence as a means to improve communication and execution throughout the organization.
What You'll Need:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in business development, account management, or operational roles with significant external partner engagement
- Track record of being an innovator and unconventional thinker in prospecting and building relationships
- Experience building BD plans to serve the needs of a rapidly growing business
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; customer-service oriented
- Creativity in prospecting, tenacity in foraging relationships
- Analytical mindset and strong use of data-driven decision making
- Extremely proactive, self-starter with strong organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail and meticulous follow-through
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule according to workload demands or planned events including occasional off-site events
- Ability to follow directions; multi-task and work quickly within a framework where priorities often shift and/or conflict
- Passion for Farmers Business Network’s mission, agriculture, and the ability to thrive in fast-paced, unstructured environment; growing up on a farm a nice to have.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position may be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.