Are you looking for an innovative ag tech company with tremendous career growth potential? Do you have a passion for the agricultural industry and enjoy helping farmers? Join Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. as a Sales Development Representative.
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with farming and rural values? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. (FBN)!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. FBN is an independent and unbiased network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping our members level the playing field and putting power back into farmers’ hands.
SALES DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
The Sales Development Representative position is a sales role directly responsible for FBN’s membership growth. Our strategic direction is directly influenced by this team’s efforts. As a Sales Development Representative, you will be expected to:
- Place outbound calls to farmers to learn about their operations and identify ways that our products and/or services provide benefits
- Become an expert on our market-leading and proprietary agronomic data product
- Develop proficiency in communicating our diverse set of service offerings including FBN Direct, F2F Genetics Network, FBN Finance, FBN Crop Marketing.
- Independently qualify leads, prioritize your sales pipeline, and conduct research on industry and regional market characteristics
- Identify individual benefits for each farmer and tailor the sales approach to their needs
- Use systems to develop a successful pipeline and engage potential new members in a timely fashion
- Develop your own sales playbook for overcoming objections and showing the product via 1-on-1 screenshare demos with farmers
- Use Salesforce and other SaaS tools to manage, prioritize, and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers
- Identify topics of value for team learning with periodic individual presentations to the entire team as a result of your own research/experiences
- Partner with direct supervisors to develop sales skills and become proficient in the role
We're looking for confident, motivated, competitive, and innovative individuals with a strong work ethic and an appetite for big rewards. Desired characteristics/qualifications include:
- Bachelor's Degree OR one to two years sales experience
- Proven ability to excel in a self-guided work environment
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first
- Demonstrated aptitude for excellence in competitive environments
- Comfortable using and explaining technology products/services
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, competitive environment where sales achievement will be directly rewarded
Successful sales development representatives have grown their career into the following organizations:
- Supply Chain
- Crop Marketing
- Business Analyst
- Business Development
- Data Operations
- Member Services