What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBNnetwork is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors.
We have primary offices in San Carlos, CA, Sioux Falls, SD, Chicago, IL, High River (Calgary), AB, and Bozeman, MT, with additional satellite offices and an extended network of storage, distribution and sales locations.
We are a dynamic and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for programming, planning, designing, implementing, and activating projects for all FBN locations. This individual is tasked with ensuring that all projects are completed within budget, on schedule and meeting all program objective and appropriate federal, state, provincial and local governmental regulations. The Facilities Manager will also act as a liaison between the business leads and sponsors and all other project participants including, architects, engineers, lenders, consultants, contractors, vendors and outside jurisdictional agencies.
- Assesses, and documents facilities requirements by location, describing the objectives, physical requirements, parameters, and constraints of each location, including meeting criteria for: health and safety, operation, maintenance, environmental, energy efficiency, quality standards, contextual issues, FBN brand identity and aesthetics.
- Assists in the development of policies, guidelines, standards, and acts as department representative on committees and professional organizations.
- Maintains location facilities budgets, reporting on budget to actual as the principal connection between each location and the finance and accounting teams.
- Implements quality control measures to ensure project compliance with internal stakeholders as well as with government codes and regulations; also ensures conformance to the requirements of all project participants. Maintains communications on a regular and timely basis, ensuring that all project participants are informed of project status, problems, and required actions.
- Manages the process of furnishing and equipment selection, purchasing, and installation.
- Manages the review and approval process to ensure appropriate approvals of all design work from schematic studies through final construction documents and related field changes and changes in scope; as well as approval for conceptual and detailed projects budgets.
- Manages the selection process and contract negotiations with consultants, contractors, landlords, and vendors.
- Prepares and maintains accurate, coherent, timely, and auditable project records/files, and cost estimates with department procedures; and ensures that space inventory reports are complete.
- Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
- 8+ years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
- Experience in both managing Class A corporate office spaces and warehouse spaces, ideally warehouse storage for crop protection, seed and other ag-industry related products.
This position would be based in Chicago, IL and requires a willingness to travel 60%+ of the time.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.