What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
We are looking for talented, multi-skilled individuals who can fit into our fast-paced company culture. We are a passionate, collaborative team of farmer-focused individuals who wake up every day emulating the farmer ethos of honesty, integrity, commitment and hard work.
The individual assigned to this position will work with farmers in the network to help them procure critical crop inputs, such as crop protection products. Account Executives cover a predetermined territory and market area and will recruit farmers to join the network in person and through electronic means. Account Executives will also help farmers access FBN Direct – a revolutionary way for growers to purchase crop inputs that provides farmers with price transparency on hundreds of products and a way to source low-cost chemicals delivered straight to the farm. FBN Direct has saved thousands of dollars for hundreds of farmers through its offerings.
Finally, the FBN Account Executive is critical to the commercialization process for new products and services being launched on a regular basis.
The FBN Account Executive will be responsible for recruiting farmers and maintaining high grower satisfaction with FBN. They will also provide a seamless and highly differentiated crop input transaction experience while maintaining high grower sanctification with FBN from post-harvest conversations all the way to pre-season delivery. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Achieve seed sales goals (gross profit, revenue, etc.)
- Achieve chemical sales goals (gross profit, revenue, etc.)
- Maintain relationships and cultivate partnerships with HUB Operators
- Understand a grower’s crop input needs throughout the season and forecast based on the seed and chemical projected sales/product needs.
- Present sales business plan to the Account Executive department
- Lead product demonstrations and presentations to farmers.
- Collect appropriate(chemical/seed invoices and tags) data from farmer to build a successful crop protection and seed plan customized to the farmer’s needs
- Use Salesforce to manage, prioritize, and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers.
- Organize and manage farmer information and sales events with existing, local FBN farmer advocates.
- Document and report suggestions from farmers to improve the product and demonstrate to farmers that FBN listens.
- Represent FBN at various farm industry trade shows/events.
- Identify savings opportunities for the grower by creating savings analyses and conducting walkthroughs of FBN’s price transparency tools
- Driving organic growth of membership/acres, through cold calling direct, reach-out, and attending farm shows
- Construct orders and shipments through FBN’s transaction platform
- Periodically help warehouse/hub personnel physically move and stage products
- Load/unload shipment of products
- Help manage the inventory and work areas including: receipt, pick, pack, ship and return of product
- Monitor transactional warehouse paperwork
- May be required to operate forklift, after proper forklift training
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills with a heightened sensitivity to the issues farmers face.
- At least 3 years experience as a district, regional or territory manager selling products or services directly to farmers.
- Complete necessary state of residence dealer chemical license exam, as needed
- Ability to adhere to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of crop protection products required
- Strong domain experience and background in farming, production agriculture, retail or input sales.
- Comfort managing the inherent fine-line between successfully ‘finalizing the sale’ and being perceived by the farmer as being too aggressive.
- Candidate must be comfortable with technology and ideally the latest precision ag systems; experience with Salesforce a nice to have but not required.
- Background in Agronomy including, but not limited to, the management and use of agronomic data.
- Strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills in addition to being highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, accountable team structure.
- A farmer focus and a commitment to farmer satisfaction.
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors or advanced degree
- At least 3 years sales experience in agriculture managing and exceeding monthly and annual quotas selling directly to farmers.
- Hold an active chemical dealer license preferred
- Successful completion of DOT Hazmat certification course (if applicable)
- Multi-generational farm, farm hand or farm related background.
- Cross-functional experience working across the enterprise.
- Experience balancing execution, agility and culture at a fast growing business.
Certified, or ability to be certified on equipment
- Ability to push and pull up to 75 lbs independently
- Ability to lift and carry load weighing up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, kneel, squat, reach, and grasp, etc. repetitively
- Comply with safety & DOT Hazmat regulations
- Ability to safely handle equipment used to physically move inventory
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.
For more information please visit: