What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
We are looking for a diligent, organized, hard-working candidate who will help be responsible for management of chemical, fertilizer, and seed inventory for a central distribution warehouse. Oversees all the functions of the warehouse and ensures smooth operations of warehouse activities. This individual may manage future hires/warehouse workers as we grow the business.
- This is a floor position, and will involve physical movement of product along with future supervisory duties.
- Adhering to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures.
- Managing the inventory and work areas including: receipt, pick, pack, ship and return of product.
- Ensuring the proper functioning of all warehouse tools and equipment.
- Ensuring correct orders are staged and ready for delivery
- Safe operation of all equipment
- Operate equipment as necessary
- Coordinate intake of inventory between shipper, transportation, and receiver.
- Complete regular inventory cycle counts
- Coordinate outflow of inventory delivered to farmers between sales staff, customers, and logistics
- Comply with warehousing rules and regulations as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver inventory into loading and unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES & QUALIFICATIONS
- 1 to 3 years working experience in product distribution to customer base
- Proven work experience managing inventory
- Ability to safely operate a forklift
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL)
- Should have excellent leadership and administration skills and abilities
- Ability to effectively manage time, resolve crisis and decision making
- Ability to efficiently coordinate workings with internal and external workers of the company
- Ability to work multiple shifts and occasional weekend shifts during peak season
- Clean/Pass DOT drug/alcohol and physical
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Certified, or ability to be certified on equipment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Working understanding of WMS system
- CDL license with Hazmat endorsement
- Acceptable incident history
- Comply with safety regulations
- Ability to safely handle equipment used to physically move inventory
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.