What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with farming and rural values? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. (FBN)!
We are proudly Farmers First®. FBN is an independent and unbiased network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping our members level the playing field and putting power back into farmers’ hands.
In 2018, FBN launched F2F Genetics Network-- a brand new seed brand that is built to be Farmers First. F2F Genetics Network is a key part of the future of FBN, as seed is one of the biggest (and most expensive) decisions that a farmer makes each year. F2F Genetics Network strives to offer great seed at a great price.
The Strategy and Operations Manager will help in several key areas of the seed business. Day-to-day responsibilities may include project management, business analytics, developing marketing programs, and other operational aspects of the FBN seed business. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
May require a bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor, track, and report progress
- Leverage FBN business systems, including Tableau, to report and investigate key business analytics within the seed business
- Work with sales and marketing to develop and implement sales programs related to FBN’s seed business
- Collaborate with the entirety of the FBN seed team to ensure a great customer experience, from ordering to delivery of F2F Genetics Network seed.
- A passion for helping both farmers and team members be successful.
- 2+ years experience in business operations or hands-on, strategic roles.
- Strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills in addition to being highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong Google Suite experience, particularly Google Sheets.
- Strong process and systems acumen.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, agile, accountable environment.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in agriculture, ag business, business, or other related field.
- Experience with seed and/or selling seed to farmers
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.