What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
FBN is looking for a Director of Sales for our Crop Insurance business. This person will join our rapidly growing crop insurance business and work with our management team to lead our team of Crop Insurance Agents in sales execution and sales team development. This is our newest offering at FBN, and this is a unique opportunity to help build and lead a high-value business line at one of the fastest growing companies in the Ag industry.
- Lead on defining sales execution best-practices and expectations as the team of Crop Insurance Agents (CIAs) and Sub-Agents grows
- Lead the Crop Insurance sales team in hiring, sales training and performance management
- Work with business line leaders to determine hiring needs based on the continued growth of the program
- Develop and execute rigorous initial and ongoing training for all CIAs in accordance with sales best practices, accepted compliance protocols and in conjunction with legal and operations teams
- Support CIAs in delivering a consistent and high-quality experience to all clients, defining SLAs that ensure high customer satisfaction and working with the business and product teams to identify and develop tools that can improve the customer experience
- Develop forecasts and manage team performance in accordance with stated business objectives
- Solicit feedback on program related services and tools, instilling a culture of continuous improvement
- Work cross-functionally with product, legal, marketing, and other teams to help ensure a high-quality experience for our team of Crop Insurance Agents and our FBN members
- Create internal systems and processes for managing inbound farmer interest in our offering and help our core and extended sales team manage our pipeline
Required characteristics/qualifications include:
- BS/BA required
- 5+ years of direct experience managing sales or advisory teams
- Possess or able to obtain a resident state crop insurance license
- Knowledge of industry regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first
- Highly independent, goal-oriented and creative
- Demonstrated experience developing a collaborative team environment
- Comfortable using technology products/services
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced start-up environment, this is not a 9-5 job
- Enjoy working in an innovative capacity, with appropriate flexibility and the ability to work in a more fluid and ambiguous environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build proactive cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization as well as with external partners
- Ability to prioritize and execute on core business initiatives that have significant impact on FBN’s ability to add value to its membership
- Command over creating and delivering structured and unstructured communication to executive teams
- Willingness to travel 60% of time
Preferred characteristics/qualifications include:
- On-farm sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required; graduate degree is preferred
- Experience in the insurance industry is desired, specifically in crop insurance is preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a base salary, company equity, plus an incentive bonus compensation plan. Full details will be shared with candidates during the interview process. Furthermore, we also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.