What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
We are looking for a Strategy and Growth Manager to drive our core net member and acre growth, and identify and pursue leveraged growth opportunities like expansion into new business areas as well as international expansion. This role will transform the way we grow our member base, engage with and serve our existing members, working with Senior management to build and lead a team to identify, develop and execute growth and service opportunities for both new as well as established members.
This individual will work with both FBN Network and Senior leadership across the company to execute on growth-oriented projects focused on growing the FBN member base and the company’s revenue. Qualified candidates will have a strong command of analytics-driven problem-solving and the ability to help define and pursue transformative strategies.
- FBN Network growth and customer retention
- Work with the General Manager of FBN Network to drive growth of core FBN membership and network, which incorporates new membership acquisition as well as retention and engagement
- Work with internal sales and retention teams, including the Customer Experience team, to execute on high-impact projects - for example developing a strategy for how FBN can onboard new customers
- Identify and execute on high leverage partnerships focused on expanding the FBN network - for example, revisiting and enhancing the FBN channel partnership program
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, and Sales to support research that defines the FBN member experience, defining our customer lifecycle and improvement opportunities
- Work with FBN Data Science team to conduct ad-hoc and permanent analyses on network growth trends and outcomes, identifying expansion opportunities as well as enhancement opportunities such as membership pricing
- International expansion
- Work with Senior leadership to understand and support international expansion efforts
- Evaluate and model different markets and opportunities for FBN’s international expansion, including partnership and revenue opportunities, challenges, and discrete actions it can pursue
- Identify and develop relationships with region-specific partners who could facilitate FBN’s continued international expansion
- Categorize international expansion efforts to date, including extensive work with FBN Canada team, and develop best practices for expansion in the agricultural context
- Business-specific growth projects
- Work with individual business unit owners (e.g., GM of Finance, GM of Crop Marketing) and Senior leadership to conduct ad-hoc growth-focused projects focused on high-leverage opportunities for FBN
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research and analytics for those projects, recommending key actions
- Depending on the opportunity, pursue growth activity in conjunction with business owner or leadership team member
- 3-6 years of relevant management consulting, strategy development, business operations, customer and market analytics experience
- Desire to identify, manipulate, and utilize different data sets and research to generate business-related conclusions
- Experience developing and implementing international expansion strategies
- Exceptional command over creating and delivering structured and unstructured communication to executive teams
- Enjoy working in an innovative capacity, with appropriate flexibility and the ability to work in a more fluid and ambiguous environment
- A relentless passion for understanding and meeting the needs of the customer
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple, concurrent business initiatives that have significant business impact
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build proactive cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization as well as with external partners
- Exhibited interest in the agriculture and food ecosystems, with a focus on supporting FBN and its Farmers First approach
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.