STRATEGY & OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE - CROP MARKETING/RISK MANAGEMENT
Location: Chicago, IL
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Transparent, valuable information and unique, flexible ways of doing business are at the core of everything we do at FBN. We’re in the business of crop marketing to help farmers navigate some of the most complicated and emotional decisions they make throughout the year. Our team works to give farmers unique, personal insights and flexible tools that allow them to make decisions optimized for their business.
As the Strategy & Operations Associate for Crop Marketing, you will play a direct role in building and maintaining critical business processes and systems that allow us to serve our farmers efficiently and faithfully. You’ll have your hands in lots of different parts of the business and will gain a broad spectrum of experience in addition to deep expertise. You’ll build tools and systems that serve both our internal team as well as the farmers we all serve. You’ll also create new ways and tools for analyzing the business to ensure our continued growth and success.
The ideal candidate for this role loves to solve problems in the heat of the battle. You’re a fast learner, and you always find more efficient ways of doing things by thinking outside the box. You feel at home in the depths of a Google Sheet and know how to make formulas work for you. You see processes and systems as a form of art but don’t have any qualms with getting your hands dirty and putting in the legwork to operate them. You have an eye for useful design and the cleverness to make things work that others give up on. Some call them hacks; you call them trails to blaze. Some call them problems; you prefer to think of them as opportunities and lessons. In short, you love to build things and make them go.
- Build new systems and adapt old processes, systems, and tools required to drive growth.
- Own and operate day-to-day business critical functions including database maintenance, customer intake, and performing mass customer communications.
- Solve issues and systems deficiencies created by a fast-moving business.
- Work cross-functionally across the company to define and understand business needs Develop reports and analytics for new initiatives and tracking key business metrics.
- Design and improve upon existing customer intake processes.
- Create new customer management tools for sales team.
- A passion for helping both farmers and team members be successful.
- 2+ years experience in business operations or hands-on, strategic roles.
- Strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills in addition to being highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong Google Suite experience, particularly Google Sheets.
- Strong process and systems acumen.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, agile, accountable environment.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in agriculture, ag business, business, or other related field.
- Preferred - significant domain knowledge regarding production agriculture, grain trading, or a related field.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.