What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
This person will join our rapidly growing supply chain organization in an effort to coordinate supply chain strategies for FBN and it’s distribution brands to improve supply and demand planning efficiency and execution with a focus in Seed.
Our ideal candidate would be a strong leader who can provide direction and visibility on supply related issues across the business and its stakeholders. We are looking for a collaborative candidate who can successfully partner with the Seed Supply Chain and Product team to implement best practices to drive responsible growth. This Supply Chain Planner, Seed with report directly to the Supply Chain Manager, Seed and work closely with the Seeds business leaders and distribution management team to serve as the primary contact relating to Seed Production and Supply Chain Operations.
Since this role interacts closely with the commercial business, self-starters with a positive attitude and outgoing personality would do exceptionally well. With our business focus on process improvement and efficiency, we are looking for a detail oriented candidate who can develop reports to track and analyze data. It you have this balance of skills and experience we are looking for, then this is the right opportunity for you.
- Purchase Order Management:
- Negotiates and manages blanket and standard POs, stocking agreements, pricing, supplier lead times, and terms
- Manage all phases of the PO process to completion from; RFQ planning, internal approval, PO execution, possible change orders, to shipment tracking and delivery.
- Vendor management:
- Schedule and participate in Seed Producer meetings
- Contract negotiations
- Manages relationships with the Seed Producers and Contract Conditioning Facilities to ensure that they are able to meet delivery requirements.
- Vendor service/performance reporting and correction
- Product complaint handling
- Provides production schedule and prioritization forecasts to vendors as needed
- Responsible for managing all production and conditioning aspects for assigned crop (s)
- Maintain vendor price files and vendor relationships
- Research product and pricing and enter into negotiations as needed with vendors
- Learn branded program impact on Net Pricing. Early Order, Stocking, Growth and Grower program impact.
- Propose creative terms giving increased product access with less working capital.
- Develop Min/max stocking levels to manage inventory levels
- Work with Forecasting to schedule planned stocking periods: Burndown, Preemergence and Post emergence.
- Cross functional Team Leader working with Forecasting, Warehousing, Sales and Management
- Reconcile purchase price variance or receiving variances
- Help Accounts Payable to set-up new vendor accounts
- Propose cost savings improvements in spend and freight management
- Maintain Item master data in the ERP (Netsuite)
- Work closely with Planning to plan purchases to support programs (seasonal purchasing)
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Independent and detail oriented, with strong written, verbal and negotiating skills.
- Must possess strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in seasonal planning function
- A farmer focus and a commitment to farmer satisfaction
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Vendors, and Management.
- Adapts to new technologies
- Ability to adapt to changing roles and responsibilities
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time
- 5 years of direct purchasing experience
- NetSuite experience is a plus
- Product planning experience prefered
- Project management experience
- Seed Supply Chain experience prefered
- Agronomy background prefered
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- American Production and Inventory Control Society, (APICS) & Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) certification or equivalent (Preferred)