What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Cash Grain Trading Associate
The Cash Grain Trading Associate positions is a strategic role that combine sales, brokerage and operations. Not only will this person support all facets of the brokerage service, but it will also engage in contracts management, hedging and general trading support for FBN cash contracts. This position is also part of a development program that will allow top performing individuals to graduate into senior brokerage, advisory, merchandising, risk management and other key roles within the Crop Marketing business at FBN. A crop marketing background with an advanced grasp of grain marketing, and/or markets is a must. As a Cash Grain Trading Associate, your responsibilities will include:
- Prospect and convert FBN BR LLC trading account leads and assist with new brokerage account opening process as necessary
- Troubleshoot technical problems for FBN BR LLC customers, train new customers how to interact with the trading platform and handle account related requests/questions
- Execute inbound futures and options trades from FBN BR LLC accounts
- Monitor net liquidity and margin calls for existing customer trading accounts and notify customers of funding requirements
- Execute futures trades to hedge price risk associated with cash contracts, and communicate information to traders for pricing notifications.
- Support research of market fundamentals and potentially contribute to morning grain commentary
Contract Trade Execution
- Receive, price and process contract requests from Farm Marketing Advisors or directly from farmers
- Onboard customers and initiate cash market transactions utilizing a variety of independent cash contracts offered by FBN
- Log and track contracts through a contract management system ensuring utmost attention to detail and accuracy
- Help resolve cash trade issues such as scheduling conflicts, freight, tracking down unsigned and un-filed contracts, sending notifications.
- Onboard and build relationships with end buyers (e.g.. feedlot, dairy etc...) as it relates to cash transactions.
- Support farmers in buyer selection, delivery scheduling and freight coordinate as necessary
FBN Brand Awareness:
- Demonstrate continued expertise on our market-leading and proprietary agronomic data product
- Demonstrate continued proficiency in communicating our diverse set of service offerings including FBN Finance, FBN Direct, and the FBN Marketplace
We're looking for confident, motivated, competitive, and innovative individuals with a strong work ethic and an appetite for big rewards. Desired characteristics/qualifications include:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a grain marketing role such as grain trading, merchandising, origination, or brokerage
- A passing score on the Series 3 exam (the National Commodities Futures Examination administered by FINRA)
- Fluency in futures, options, hedging, and risk management concepts and offerings
- Graduate with an Agronomy, Sales, Marketing, Business, and Economics-related bachelor’s degree
- Proven ability to excel in a self-guided work environment
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first
- Comfortable using and explaining technology products/services
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, competitive environment where sales achievement will be directly rewarded