What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with farming and rural values? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.(FBN)!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. FBN is an independent and unbiased network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping our members level the playing field and putting power back into farmers’ hands.
Are you looking for an innovative agriculture company with tremendous career growth potential? Join Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. as a Senior Accountant!
Mission: Perform general ledger accounting duties by applying generally accepted accounting principles and procedures, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements, and ensure appropriate internal control procedures.
- Perform month-end close procedures for main operating entities, including preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliation and analysis of results.
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements and supporting financial data.
- Take ownership of financial close processes with little oversight, managing deadlines to ensure proper prioritization and completion of projects and monthly processes.
- Responsible for accounting for Inventory Manufacturing, Prepaid Expenses, Deferred Rent, Fixed Assets and various accrued expenses.
- Partner with FP&A to help analyze and document balance sheet and income statement activity and variances.
- Provide details and insight into financial matters while updating management of potential risks and areas of exposure.
- Prepare relevant schedules for quarterly reviews and annual audits; work closely with external auditors.
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes.
- Help establish and maintain policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Collaborate and provide guidance to other departments on matters that impact the financial aspects of the company.
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3-6 years accounting experience, preferably a minimum of 2 years in Big 4.
- CPA, CPA eligible or working towards a CPA (strongly preferred).
- Knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with advanced Excel skills
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite) is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and adhere to deadlines
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Team player and solid communicator (written and verbal skills); strong interpersonal skills including flexibility and dependability; ability to maintain confidentiality
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position may be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.