What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with farming and rural values? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. (FBN)!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. FBN is an independent and unbiased network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping our members level the playing field and putting power back into farmers’ hands.
FBN Direct Summary:
FBN Direct is the fastest growing input commerce platform serving US farmers, providing crop protection products, seed, seed treatments, fertilizers, and a variety of other crop inputs directly to farmers. FBN Direct offers an industry-changing, independent and unbiased way for farmers to purchase their crop inputs, at low cost, and through a seamless transaction process that delivers products directly to the farm.
- Purchase Order Management:
- Negotiates and manages blanket and standard POs, stocking agreements, pricing, supplier lead times, and terms
- Manage all phases of the PO process to completion from; RFQ planning, internal approval, PO execution, possible change orders, to shipment tracking and delivery.
- Managing cash flow plans and requirements.
- Vendor management:
- Schedule and participate in vendor meeting
- Price negotiations
- manages relationships with the vendors to ensure that they are able to meet delivery requirements.
- Vendor service/performance reporting and correction
- Product complaint handling
- Provides forecasts to vendors as needed
- Responsibility for certain generic suppliers and broker accounts (Seed, fertilizer, bio-stimulants, adjutants)
- Maintain vendor price files and vendor relationships
- Research product and pricing and enter into negotiations as needed with vendors
- Learn branded program impact on Net Pricing. Early Order, Stocking, Growth and Grower program impact.
- Propose creative terms giving increased product access with less working capital.
- Develop Min/max stocking levels to manage inventory levels
- Work with Forecasting to schedule planned stocking periods: Burndown, Preemergence and Post emergence.
- Cross functional Team Leader working with Forecasting, Warehousing, Sales, Item Fulfillment and Management
- Reconcile purchase price variance or receiving variances
- Help Accounts Payable to set-up new vendor accounts
- Propose cost savings improvements in spend and freight management
- Maintain Item master data/SKUs in the ERP (Netsuite)
- Work closely with Planning to plan purchases to support programs (seasonal purchasing)
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Multitasking projects
- Independent and detail oriented, with strong written, verbal and negotiating skills.
- Must possess strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in seasonal planning function
- A farmer focus and a commitment to farmer satisfaction
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Vendors, and Management.
- Adapts to new technologies
- Ability to adapt to changing roles and responsibilities
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time
- 5+ years of direct purchasing experience
- Experience with order management, inventory, and logistics processes and systems ( NetSuite experience is a plus)
- Product planning experience prefered
- Project management experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- American Production and Inventory Control Society, (APICS) & Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) certification or equivalent (Preferred)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position may be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.